Why doesn’t anyone care about history anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Duckshot
No it wouldn't happen to any kid. I guarantee you. Two factor were against him. He was poor and black. A deadly combination. Remove just one factors and it would have been a different story. If his parents were Doctors or educators or even just a postal worker it wouldn't have happened. He was poor. If he was white he wouldn't spend three years in jail awaiting trial for a back pack theft. That just doesn't happen and you know it.

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Not something I want to go back and fort with. But I will say the story affected and sadden me.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Duckshot
No it wouldn't happen to any kid. I guarantee you. Two factor were against him. He was poor and black. A deadly combination. Remove just one factors and it would have been a different story. If his parents were Doctors or educators or even just a postal worker it wouldn't have happened. He was poor. If he was white he wouldn't spend three years in jail awaiting trial for a back pack theft. That just doesn't happen and you know it.

That story saddens me as well Escape. And it may be that being poor and/or black was against him.

At the same time one cannot ignore that kid's behavior which was the precipitating factor. None of it could have happened if that kid had not made the wrong choice. I take it that nobody held a gun to his head while that kid was stealing that backpack?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vnEf8z1aZns

It's not about what a person has or does not have. It is about what you do with it. Escape, I beleive that The Dr. M.L King would agree that you might have chosen to judge based on something other than character, you might not have mentioned the story you told if the kid was pasty white. Maybe you would have. Ether way you are correct that it is a saddening story.

Last edited:

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
A social shift is occurring. On the news this morning was a story of a black kid in NYC who was arrested at 16 years old for steeling a back pack. He spent three years in jail awaiting trial. Three years spent on Riskers Island, a notorious hell hole. The case was thrown out and he killed himself when he got out of jail. He stole a back pack! Not a computer from the capital building. Nothing politics here but I'm sure this post is destined for the deletion bin.

So this special shift is called cancel culture where the history of what you say is eliminated by the younger generations. WTG.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
So this special shift is called cancel culture where the history of what you say is eliminated by the younger generations. WTG.

It's a social shift in awareness that is happening now. Things that were always existed are being looked at differently. History is not being erased its being viewed from a different perspective. A lot of historical facts were always ignored, or unknown by the masses. Some will even deny the facts when they are presented because it may shatter things they were taught or believed. Facts supported by indisputable evidence can't be ignored or contested. You can still believe it is all false but that will never change the facts. Analytically evaluating what is presented as fact with reason is the only way to determine validity.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth is all we ask for is that to much to ask for, America is a flawed country as well folks, don’t matter where you live I call it as I see it, if you don’t like honesty , then go live in your fantasy land and never complain because according to most oh nothing wrong, everything just great, we just fools that rather ignore than stand for something simple

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Story time-

My Dad was telling me just the other day about how my Great Grandfather used to only speak German. He studied my Grandfather's schoolwork to learn better English and with the help of his wife (my Great Grandmother), who had studied English in Germany, he managed to struggle along. Though my Grandfather knew bits and pieces of German it was all picked up only from hearing his parents and thier friends in the neighborhood speaking German. By the time he was in the second grade my Grandfather's parents would quite literally beat him if he said anything in the German language. It was strictly verboten for him to do so. My Dad said Grandpa could not even say "Ser Gut!" without Great Grandpa slapping him in the back of the head and scolding him saying, "Stop! You are American now!"

So then my ancestors became part of the Melting Pot. Like alloyed. And that's the difference between a settler and and immigrant- a settler brings their culture with them. An immigrant alloys themselves into the concept of America. People immigrated to America because they wanted to be American, not some hyphenated version of the homeland.

And if somebody does not want to be American, then fine. It's a free country. Unlike most of Eroupe, all of China, and all of the Soviet Union- you can leave anytime you like.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not so sure I agree with the distinction between a settler and an immigrant. A settler takes someone else's land either legally or otherwise and develops it. An immigrant is just someone showing up at a border. They may move along and become a settler or just sit tight and become a citidot.

But lately we have shown that all the hard work of education and research in history or archeology is wasterd time. Someone just comes along and cancels unpleasant history or runs a book or TV campaign claiming it was aliens or Templars and that grabs the attention of TV zombie idiots. They want to be entertained. Not educated.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show up a the border and all of a sudden you are an immigrant? Gee, is that even lawful?

To become an American citizen you gotta be a foreigner who was naturalized. Foreign nationals have to study the concept of America, at least to some extent, to become naturalized. It's not like an American high school American history class where they give you a C- just for showing up and memorizing the pledge of allegiance.

How many here know the Foundation of America? It's a single page document called "The Unanimous Declaration of the Thirteen United States of America"- and some of you have no clue as to what I am talking about. How many here have even skimmed over The Federalist Papers? How many here are not aware of the existence of the federalist papers? And how about Common Sense, which was written by Thomas Paine, have you ever read it?

America as a concept is fine. Too bad so many Americans don't care about their history, huh?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's a social shift in awareness that is happening now. Things that were always existed are being looked at differently. History is not being erased its being viewed from a different perspective. A lot of historical facts were always ignored, or unknown by the masses. Some will even deny the facts when they are presented because it may shatter things they were taught or believed. Facts supported by indisputable evidence can't be ignored or contested. You can still believe it is all false but that will never change the facts. Analytically evaluating what is presented as fact with reason is the only way to determine validity.

So, history is not being erased, it's simply being spun up in a different light
in order to agree with the predetermined narrative of a specific group.

Kinda like this? wiz.jpg

I do believe it meets your standards of:
"Some will even deny the facts when they are presented because it may
shatter things they were taught or believed. Facts supported by indisputable evidence can't be ignored or contested.
You can still believe it is all false but that will never change the facts. Analytically evaluating what is presented as fact
with reason is the only way to determine validity.

The facts are indisputable....the wicked witch was absolutely, positively, most sincerely, undeniably.. DEAD. behead.gif

Last edited:

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other

To shift the truth socially or otherwise is to lie. You don't enlighten, you subterfuge. Your facts are the fantasies special interest groups wish to impose. Example-The 1619 project is total BS as it shifts the truth.

Last edited:
OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look we are all human beings, we make choices in life and must live the good and the bad. But in ending I don’t care what planet or country you live in, the truth sets all standards it’s easier to move on I’m a flawed human, made mistakes some are forever but. Look human beings why do you not demand the truth, do you not realizing this is why we have so much division.it’s utterly ridiculous American is just as bad as anyone else, we like to brag, but the proof is we have much problems or more than anyone else. In ending if you settle for this you should be ashamed why we have a voice if we stay together, folks it’s worth fighting for your kids etc, and your soul, good luck in your hoping and praying it simply is a true method, oh h.h.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Show up a the border and all of a sudden you are an immigrant? Gee, is that even lawful?

You didn't ask for the distinction in legal vs. illegal. An immigrant, by definition, is someone who has changed location across a national border and now lives in a different nation. They are an emigrant from the prior area and an immigrant in the new one. Has nothing to do with whether they try and blend in or insist on keeping their original culture.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You didn't ask for the distinction in legal vs. illegal. An immigrant, by definition, is someone who has changed location across a national border and now lives in a different nation. They are an emigrant from the prior area and an immigrant in the new one. Has nothing to do with whether they try and blend in or insist on keeping their original culture.

Oh. Then what is your distinction between a immigrant and a settler?

The way you told it last time you made the assumption that a settler moved to a place nobody on earth ever lived before. But, before the whitey folk emigrated from Europe there were people already living here. The Europeans settled the land? Or were they just immigrating to the North American Indians county? The Indians already living here were established to the point they were indigenous.

Ignore the google machine propaganda definitions and dig out your Webster's New Coligiate copywrite 1963, it's all in there.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I was in elementary school in the early 1950's we started learning about history in the 4th grade. I loved learning about what happened before I arrived on the planet right from page one of the history book. It was totally fascinating to learn how events shaped our destiny. I don't know where learning our history went off the rails but it seems to me that the newer generations are being brainwashed to forget how we came to become the greatest country on earth.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh. Then what is your distinction between a immigrant and a settler?

The way you told it last time you made the assumption that a settler moved to a place nobody on earth ever lived before. But, before the whitey folk emigrated from Europe there were people already living here. The Europeans settled the land? Or were they just immigrating to the North American Indians county? The Indians already living here were established to the point they were indigenous.

Ignore the google machine propaganda definitions and dig out your Webster's New Coligiate copywrite 1963, it's all in there.

No. You lack reading comprehension because you are looking to pick a fight. Your internal dialog over-shouts what others are saying.

I typed: "A settler takes someone else's land either legally or otherwise and develops it."

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go to youtube & play the song Silent Runnings by Mike & the Mechanics with lyrics. Eerily prophetic.

Another prophetic song was the 60's song "Monster" by Steppenwolf. One line goes like this..... The cities have turned into jungles, and corruption is strangling the land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread