What's new

Why Painted??

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m pretty sure this is a horse collar pull but can someone tell me why it is painted??
 
For display purposes.. Maybe a mirror.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 5.53.56 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 5.53.56 PM.webp
    93.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Upvote 0
yup it's to make it purdy. on the horse or in the home
 
Upvote 0
Thanks guys
 
Upvote 0
Someones special horse that may have died so they kept it for a keepsake
 
Upvote 0
Maybe the original owner thought his wife looked good in red... sorry but I couldn't resist! :laughing7:

Dave
 
Upvote 0
Maybe it was used in parades where everything is prettied up.
 
Upvote 0
I don't know about the US but, over here, dray horses used by breweries, coal merchants, and for street delivery of other goods frequently had tarted-up collars with painted fitments and other adornments.
 
Upvote 0
Yep I have a pair halter mirrors,left from my grandfather.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom