Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother, nephew, and I went to a spot today that I was guessing has never been hunted. It's an old homestead, and there is a tiny window of time between being frozen and then the grass being waist deep. We couldn't stay as long as I would have liked, the guys were freaked out by ticks, and did not want to stay. I could have stayed another five hours!!

My first signal of the hunt was a solid 97, and I was so happy to see an 1888 Vicky quarter, my first one ever! Then another one, the 1899!! I checked the hole and another Vicky, a dime. I put the pointer back in the hole and dislodged yet another silver, and then I started filming. I have never found a Vicky quarter, and the only Vicky dime I have found as a very smooth 1891. I'll try to get the video up... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428782651.046377.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428782694.031900.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428782748.899037.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428782780.680095.jpg

Upvote 27

s.tan

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic Find!! Oldest quarter I've found is only a George VI. Best of luck and continued success in your hunts!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Spill ! I'm jealous ! I really am- because I'm crazy for Vicky silver coins !!! The Vicky quarters are a tough find !

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell of a spill buddy! My first good silver was an 1887 Vicky quarter. Hope your luck continues bud

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
You got that right, Victoria silver coins aren't the thing that pops out all that often, especially in multiples AND in 25 cent pieces!
Super spill! Well done!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everybody! Most coins that I find in that date range are American, which is cool, but I have really been hoping for another Vicky, and a Vicky quarter was on my dream finds list.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats a great day , one like that would make me want to go dig every chance :occasion14:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look at all that old silver!, man ticks or not, id stay, tuck your pants into your socks, tuck your shirt in, pull your gloves over your longsleeves and bam, hunt all day lol!!

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful find! Silver spill is always good, but a Vicky spill is awesome!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should of added - this must had been a big loss in those days!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look at all that old silver!, man ticks or not, id stay, tuck your pants into your socks, tuck your shirt in, pull your gloves over your longsleeves and bam, hunt all day lol!!

Ticks be damned, I wanted to stay as long as my as possible! Unfortunately my brother and nephew weren't into it, they really wanted to leave and do something else. I have been waiting patiently all winter, it was torture to leave after 45 minutes haha! It was my one shot to have someone go with me, it's out in the bush and I prefer to not hunt way out there alone. I'll have to just bite the bullet, strap my big knife to my leg and get back out there.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should of added - this must had been a big loss in those days!

Yes Cru, especially for the poor farmers that pioneered way out here so long ago, trying to make a life on the prairies. I'm thinking 70cents would have bought a lot of groceries, or a good pair of work pants.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ticks be damned, I wanted to stay as long as my as possible! Unfortunately my brother and nephew weren't into it, they really wanted to leave and do something else. I have been waiting patiently all winter, it was torture to leave after 45 minutes haha! It was my one shot to have someone go with me, it's out in the bush and I prefer to not hunt way out there alone. I'll have to just bite the bullet, strap my big knife to my leg and get back out there.

Well if ya get stuck, take that knife, kill a moose, bam there's your foodsource

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest: