Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The 1st place was standing in water so we went back to our permission. The wife always starts off with how she is going to kick my butt royally as she gets out. We basically hunted the high ground, covering ground we have hunted a lot over the last two years. I was kicking her butt with hard earned clad and the sun was out big time. We were working our way back to the truck when she yelled that she had found a Wheatie and by our rules, had me beat. Then she found another Wheatie and so I hunted harder as I neared the truck. She was still about fifty yards away and hunting beside the road when she yelled something that I could barely hear over my headsets. She was all smiles when I looked up and then she yelled again and I could see that she was at the same hole.

Then she gave another whoop and hollar with her hands shaking excitedly. Now, we tend to make it look like we have found something when we haven't and for all I knew, she was doing that now right before we got into the truck. Then she yelled that she wanted me to double check the hole and around it. So I headed over to her only to see three silvers in her hand. So the ole permission gives up three more silvers, our first SLQ to date there and it was dateless. the Barber is 1899 and the Merc was 1926. So, she announced that the normal chocolate Frosty wasn't going to do it, she wanted Chicken Alfredo at Arie's Little Italy so I guess we will be headed there shortly. So the permission is still giving up the goodies. I got a pipe stem and a beaming wife LOL. DL

Attachments

• 20190601_101407.jpg
    20190601_101407.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 157
  • 20190601_101539.jpg
    20190601_101539.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 180
  • 20190601_101707.jpg
    20190601_101707.jpg
    738.1 KB · Views: 176
Upvote 50

Finder Bear

Mar 20, 2019
Newton KS
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a great day, I wish my wife would hunt with me lol!

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Mrs Dirt Did Great!!

Kace

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there! My wife has done that right after I told her not to bother with the spot she wanted to hunt. After digging old silver, I had to hear "Am I doing this right - I found this silver and what did you find?" Works for fishing too. "Am I doing this right?" after outfishing me (and others). Someday I'll learn to keep my big mouth shut...

Congrats on the finds and the minimal gloating after.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least your wife will go with you. Mine won’t go because there “might” be a bug out there somewhere.

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
She definitely earned that Chicken Alfredo! Nice finds and great to see a detecting couple out there. Keep hitting that spot, and HH!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 1718211 She almost didn't dig them, she said that it sounded like another pull tab but it was repeatable so she dug. the first dime was deeper than her pin pointer which led to the second dime (Barber) which led down to the SLQ. She is on cloud 9 right now but I am real good with that. This was her first real hunt of the year. Gotta luv this hobby

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
At least your wife will go with you. Mine won’t go because there “might” be a bug out there somewhere.

she likes to think that she is tenacious and she is. except for June bugs for some reason of all things.

mddavis3

May 13, 2019
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! She did great. Looks like a good day for all.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think she kicked your butt big time. Congrats to both of you.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
she likes to think that she is tenacious and she is. except for June bugs for some reason of all things.

Maybe she was traumatized by a june bug as a child? I remember being whipped for squirming in church when i was about 5 or 6. Turned out to be a june bug in my shorts. That was the only time my father ever looked apologetic after beating the heck out of me. The june bug must have flown into my shorts when they were on the line, or my brother might have dropped them in my pants...

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe she was traumatized by a june bug as a child? I remember being whipped for squirming in church when i was about 5 or 6. Turned out to be a june bug in my shorts. That was the only time my father ever looked apologetic after beating the heck out of me. The june bug must have flown into my shorts when they were on the line, or my brother might have dropped them in my pants...

Who knows, twice in the same week she brought me a black widow in a cup to see if it was in fact a black widow, she got glasses shortly there after. She has no problem field dressing a deer or fish but the June bug is another matter.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd take my wife anywhere she wanted to eat if she'd just go hunting with me, nevermind who finds what. Good for your bride (and you)!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Ha! That is wonderful DL. My wife has no interest in detecting with me but I imagine that’s a really fun joy to share. It’s all coming back to your house anyways, huh? ;) keep after it my friend!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ha! That is wonderful DL. My wife has no interest in detecting with me but I imagine that’s a really fun joy to share. It’s all coming back to your house anyways, huh? ;) keep after it my friend!

The joy is seeing it in her eyes when she has found something very cool or awesome. The squeals of delight are a welcome sound as we both try to out do the other. the ribbing is nonstop but is usually settled slightly with a chocolate frosty. It is awesome to be able to look over and see her digging a hole or quietly checking out a find to see exactly what it is. I used to wonder what it was like to have a wife do things with you and now I know, makes for a much better relationship. Her first piece of jewelry was the clincher and then the WWII relics really spurred her on. I wish that more people were able to detect with their spouses, just even more fun.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice old coin shooting! :occasion14:

BenFrankOG

Jun 1, 2019
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
haha awesome score guys!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread