Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I was on the beach turning up bottle caps, pulltabs and beer cans, my wife was at an estate auction finding real treasure. She purchased a very old treadle sewing machine with all the attachments, doodads, instruction manual and some old buttons.

To me the machine is a big ugly thing but one of the buttons (actually pin) caught my eye. It is a lacquered copper screw pin with the torch of liberty on it with rays being emitted. Since it came from a antebellum home, I thought perhaps it had a civil war significance. There is no writing or letters on it and its in excellent condition.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Instruction manual.jpg
    Instruction manual.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 311
  • Button1.jpg
    Button1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 298
  • Button Back.jpg
    Button Back.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 291

Alchemy

Nov 30, 2006
Beautiful Burnett county, WI
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds, good for her!
To me it looks more like an antique olympics pin, could be very early 1900's somewhere in there?

Wish I were in an area where I could go estate shopping, everything is way too spred out here and no auctions to be found anywhere :'(

Upvote 0
D

dugupfinds

Alchemy said:
Neat finds, good for her!
To me it looks more like an antique olympics pin, could be very early 1900's somewhere in there?

That's what I thought.

Upvote 0

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Its a collar disc from the US Army Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC). WWII or earlier... I think this pattern was first used around 1923.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Patrol

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Guys!,

Found out the treadle sewing machine was a Sears brand from 1914, not older as I thought and the pin was not that old either. Thanks for all your input.

TE

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread