What's new

Wifes "war of 1812" eyeball find!

Lord Verdigris

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
3,935
Reaction score
9,274
Golden Thread
2
Location
East coast Canada
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wife's "war of 1812" eyeball find!

I got a big post coming up of a crazy shoreline spot I found that is producing large amounts of 1700's -1820's coins. I never seen anything like it. You can literally spot coins and buttons lying around without having the detector on. British half penny's,flat buttons,thistle tokens and condor tokens. I even got a 1777 half reale in the rocks. My wife doesn't detect but she made a great find and it got her more interested. It's a 1812 royal fusiliers flat button. There was no gilt remaining probably because of it being exposed so long but I'm proud of her find. Thanks for looking and I can't wait to post the big finds! [emoji2]
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458231953.850221.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458231963.947989.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458231987.431427.webp
 
Upvote 46
Standing by for the full post of goodies- sounds like an incredible site. Perhaps recent shoreline erosion dumped relics into the surf?

I'd say your right on a lot of the stuff. Need to try low tide!
 
Great find by the lady
 
Great find by the lady

Maybe the push she needed to come on more hunts with me. She said "I found a metal round thing" and both are heads whipped around and that was what she was holding. Surprising because she was carefully watching the two little kids at the same time! Haha
 
You've gotta get her back out there with you again,she has a good eye! My husband often gets old ornate buttons from a gut pay that lives in PEI and we are amazed at some of the beautiful designs on them.
 
Last edited:
sweet eyeball find indeed,,
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom