What's new

Wifes "war of 1812" eyeball find!

Lord Verdigris

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
3,935
Reaction score
9,274
Golden Thread
2
Location
East coast Canada
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wife's "war of 1812" eyeball find!

I got a big post coming up of a crazy shoreline spot I found that is producing large amounts of 1700's -1820's coins. I never seen anything like it. You can literally spot coins and buttons lying around without having the detector on. British half penny's,flat buttons,thistle tokens and condor tokens. I even got a 1777 half reale in the rocks. My wife doesn't detect but she made a great find and it got her more interested. It's a 1812 royal fusiliers flat button. There was no gilt remaining probably because of it being exposed so long but I'm proud of her find. Thanks for looking and I can't wait to post the big finds! [emoji2]
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458231953.850221.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458231963.947989.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458231987.431427.webp
 
Upvote 46
That's sweet button your lady got!
I can't wait to hear more and see more about this new spot you got !
 
Wife's "war of 1812" eyeball find!

That's sweet button your lady got!
I can't wait to hear more and see more about this new spot you got !

In two hours me and a buddy are probably close to total amount of George ii and George iii British half penny's I ever got alone in all other spots combined. It's his first one ever. Had the wife and kids for a walk as well which helped me gain some time there! [emoji106]
 
Nice find, sound like a amazing spot you have found.
 
Sounds like an incredible beach that's never been hunted. Congrats.
 
I would be hunting that area every chance I got...... Nice button too.
 
I would be hunting that area every chance I got...... Nice button too.

My buddy is back there hunting as we speak. I'm just dying to get off work as soon as possible to go back down there. I can just imagine him yelling "coin" now! [emoji30]
 
My buddy is back there hunting as we speak. I'm just dying to get off work as soon as possible to go back down there. I can just imagine him yelling "coin" now! [emoji30]

I see you getting the BIG shiny one first,well...in that environment maybe a little shiny.:laughing7:
 
Wow. I am super excited to see your next post! You definitely bring the quality AND the quantity. Good luck!
 
Great button! Sounds like you have a real good spot going and guaranteed that's not the only military there, so I would be digging every thing that gave a hint of non ferrous.
 
In the spot now and just got this. Any ideas?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458238434.579711.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458238449.747360.webp
 
Wow what a site, I don;t believe I could sleep a wink until I gridded that site,
 
My buddy is back there hunting as we speak.

Sadly, I had to look it up on a map, only to find that it's right next to Maine. Completely forgot about that little territory! Since Maine is a beautiful, I can only imagine Nova Scotia is as well.
 
We think we cleaned it now without grinding real hard. Got to come at low tide also to do the rest of the beaches. Got some more nice coins today. Posting it all soon! [emoji2]
 
We think we cleaned it now without grinding real hard. Got to come at low tide also to do the rest of the beaches. Got some more nice coins today. Posting it all soon! [emoji2]

"Really nice" you say?
This will be good'
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom