Will Minelab Foam Grip fit a Tesoro uMax??

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont know if they fit but from experience they are extremely hard to install with out tearing, I use to install them when I worked in Minelab repair center.

Have you considered using a tennis racket handle wrap? They work pretty good, and easy to install.. if you go to treasure related stuff for sale here, there is member who bought all of Tesoros remaining parts, he may have the grip on hand.

OP
OP
GeoW

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
I considered the tennis racquet wrap but prefer the foam type. Looking at the Minelab ones as they seem to be a bit larger in diameter.
I have a couple Tesoro foam grips given to me by Rusty several years ago. He said soapy water to lube the grip and shaft and slide it on with one motion.
We'll see!

Thanks and HH,
Geo

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out Mud Hole Tackle. They sell fishing rod making supplies and have a lot of foam grips for fishing rods in different sizes and colors. Lube with soap to slide on. They come with different size inner diameter holes, you may find something that fits. I build surf rods and think the larger diameter grips would work on detectors. Jann's Netcraft aslo sells fishing rod grips but I think Mud Hole may have a better selection. You can view Mud Hole items online at their website.

OP
OP
GeoW

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
Check out Mud Hole Tackle. They sell fishing rod making supplies and have a lot of foam grips for fishing rods in different sizes and colors. Lube with soap to slide on. They come with different size inner diameter holes, you may find something that fits. I build surf rods and think the larger diameter grips would work on detectors. Jann's Netcraft aslo sells fishing rod grips but I think Mud Hole may have a better selection. You can view Mud Hole items online at their website.
Thanks! On the way to Mud Hole!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions