WILSON ATD..............

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
........WILSON ELECTRONICS......(After Wilson split up from Neuman).............first came the VLF 710.......then the ATD......then the all motion detectors aka the Relic and Coin Series, the NorthStar and then the current Coin Select.......................The ATD was their crossover detector............The VLF 710 was a manual non-motion VLF/VLF/TR...............while the R&C Series and the Coin Select are 100% motion detectors ....they have no non-motion modes...............OK ......here is where the ATD is very unique...............it has features of both................it has the deep motion modes.............in All Metal and GB Discriminate............but it also has the non-motion all metal and TR Discriminate modes........has manual tuning knobs for threshold and ground balance...................economic savings too..........the batteries will last all summer................LOL............Joe

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did ATD stand for Joe ? Its often posted as being " Analog To Digital " though others say this is rubbish and its the "All Terrain Detector" which does sound more likely.

In the U.K. for the Relic and Coin series, that sold well, they fitted a different "European" shaft for some reason. The only other company that has done this ever is Minelab with the Sovereign GT.

OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
..........ALL TERRAIN DETECTOR SOUNDS GOOD TO ME.............This detector is all muscle .......no bells and whistles.....................I like the manual controls for Ground Balance and Threshold.............I especially like the Threshold control most of the newer detectors of today have gone to Silent Searching.........so there is no sound until a target is detected!!....................Being old school...........I have never adjusted to this...............I learned how to use threshold based detectors for almost 40 years and I prefer it over the Silent Search............also this detector has very good iron see thru ability.....so basicly it is a very good Relic Detector ......................Also i like the metal housing configuration over the plastic one that is currently being used on the Coin Select.............. overall this is a very desirable detector and am really surprised that it was only produced for about 2 years...........HH........Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread