Winter sluice

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Finally managed to get back into river Friday. About noon I looked at the blue sky and thought why the hell am I working today? Nice day like this, I should be satisfying my addiction! Not wasting the day away working! I did tell my business partner not to expect to see me on Fridays anymore when the weather gets warmer. Well I decided anything + 32 degrees I'll consider warmer weather :p. after a quick clean up of equipment and job site I was
OUT OF THERE.
about an hour later I was headed up American fork canyon. I knew I had limited time before I needed to pick the kids up(life of a Mr mom), so decided to find a spot close to the road. I followed Kevin's advice and tried below the dam. Found a promising spot in between two corners. Man it was some difficult digging. Lots of large rocks wedged together only had my 12" bar, really needed one of my bigger bars. Thought a few times about quick jaunt to truck to grab one. But just made due with what I had. Probably only moved about a 5 gal bucket worth of material. Next time I'll pack my 6 ft bar https://youtu.be/aE_8NtKvYKE
1455507255419.jpg1455507280358.jpg
First time I've tried to attach video hope it worked

Last edited:
The video looks lovely. I'm stuck in a hotel in LA and it just transported me OUT OF HERE and for that I thank you. Nice color for a 5 gallon. I'm guessing you'll be back at this spot soon?

Great to see a golden result from my advice and encouragement! Well done :)

Looks ok for 5 gal. I was getting the impression that UT was basically goldless, not the case I see.

Oh no, even though the here was never a real gold rush in UT, there's gold in many spots. At least a dozen open to the casual visitor too!

While it was a small amount thru sluice, I had to move quite a lot of rocks to get that little bit if material. I was glad I have a back brace in my pack.

a bad day prospecting is still better than a good day at work right? if it wasn't raining so hard here today , I would've gotten my sneak dredge into a local stream since it was 53 here but the monsoon ruined that

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back