Withdrawls

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, my name is Ben and I'm a silverholic.

I haven't seen any silver in almost a month. I've been searching CWR of dimes, nickels, and halves (when I can come across them). I always seem to be a day or two behind. I keep hearing "Oh, I had 3 rolls on Wednesday but I sold them." "Oh, you just missed it. I sold all mine about 2 hours ago." I checked roughly 15 banks today, netting $26 in halves, no silver. I check the same 9 banks near my work at least once a week and they never have halves. I hopelessly search paper wrapped rolls instead, to no avail. My boxes lately have all been skunks. I'm so eager to keep something, I've resorted to hoarding copper and wheaties.

Then, today, I broke down. Went to my LCS and bought $15 worth of junk. I couldn't help myself. I feel so dirty...:-[

***EDIT - I'm so flustered I even misspelled the title of the post. ::sigh::

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
That's why I don't search halves, I'd be addicted, I do dimes, and get a few per a box. I search pennies for wheaties, and nickels for war nickels and buffs :D
What junk did you get?
wicka :D

OP
OP
Ben-Ro

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Just bought a few dimes and a quarter. Thought about buying a SWEET 2012 set of silver eagle proofs, but I restrained myself.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I buy more than I search anymore, only makes sense. Silver/Gold are money while fiat currency is nothing more than paper and junk metal. When the US dollar joins the German Mark, Mexican Peso, Confederate Dollar, the Zimbabwe Dollar and the other fiat currencies in their death by hyperinflation I don't want to be the one holding a roll of $100s or relying on a bank account denominated in US dollars. Don't get me wrong, I still search heavily and would rather buy silver at face than pay melt, but still, silver and gold are cheap and so long as I can trade my trash for cash without too large of premiums, I'll do that.

OP
OP
Ben-Ro

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I buy more than I search anymore, only makes sense. Silver/Gold are money while fiat currency is nothing more than paper and junk metal. When the US dollar joins the German Mark, Mexican Peso, Confederate Dollar, the Zimbabwe Dollar and the other fiat currencies in their death by hyperinflation I don't want to be the one holding a roll of $100s or relying on a bank account denominated in US dollars. Don't get me wrong, I still search heavily and would rather buy silver at face than pay melt, but still, silver and gold are cheap and so long as I can trade my trash for cash without too large of premiums, I'll do that.

I hold your same stance on fiat currencies. Unfortunately, I can't pay my rent with silver dimes. That's what got me into CRHing in the first place. CRHing has afforded me the ability to hoard more silver than I would otherwise be able to afford at spot price. Unfortunately, I can't pay my rent in silver dimes. :laughing7: I just had to get a fix today and whet my appetite so I can remain diligent in my CRHing ventures. :)

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gone through $13000 halves nothing and 7 dimes in $7000. I am bummed about the dimes because I am not able to get them every week. My order bank only gets them sporadically.

Edit: I am close to buying silver as well. Found an antique mall that has some nice capped bust half dollars, but they are by no means a good deal.

Last edited:

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I have gone through $13000 halves nothing and 7 dimes in $7000. I am bummed about the dimes because I am not able to get them every week. My order bank only gets them sporadically.

Edit: I am close to buying silver as well. Found an antique mall that has some nice capped bust half dollars, but they are by no means a good deal.

Try going to your local "Cash 4 Gold" place, a lot of them will say they don't sell anything except to their refiners but there are a couple that I know that sell and they sell CHEAP, at melt or below even for Barbers and such. I've gotten some Seated and stuff from them too. The downside is they rarely have a decent inventory, but what they have they sell cheap because a collector will pay MUCH more than what the refiner will pay.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A ways back I added up all the gas and time I spent on CRHing and took a week off. Went to the coin shop and bought that much in junk silver. Sometimes you just need a break.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
Searching is fun, but no if a large horde of silver is what you desire,
You are better off saving the gas and using your time to work an extra job/shift and using that money to buy silver at or near spot from your local coin/pawn shop. You will end up with more silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions