What's new

woodrow wilson ring..... still no luck

fisherfan

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 30, 2007
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
hollywood, alabama
Hello all. I found this ring a while back in a lake. I can not find out much about it. I know it is from WWI era. Wilsons face is on the front and over his head it says ( war against prussian ). There is a 1917 date under this head. I know its for WWI, but was it a novelty ring. I have found alot of rings and other great stuff but this one has been driving me crazy. Thanks for looking and sorry my phone take rottin pictures.
 

Attachments

  • 2011-07-27_09-59-16_691.webp
    2011-07-27_09-59-16_691.webp
    64.8 KB · Views: 511
Re: woodrow wilson ring

Sorry I cant find anything on it. The "War Against Prussia" is of course the war against Germany in WWI.. But I cant find it.

Is it brass? Is it Prussia or Prussian?

Can we see the back? Any other markings?



President Woodrow Wilson declared a U.S. policy of absolute neutrality, an official stance that would last until 1917 when Germany's policy of unrestricted submarine warfare - which seriously threatened America's commercial shipping (which was in any event almost entirely directed towards the Allies led by Britain and France) - forced the U.S. to finally enter the war on 6 April 1917.
 
Upvote 0
Re: woodrow wilson ring

:hello:

Is that 1967 on the bottom :dontknow:
Welcome to Treasure Net :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Re: woodrow wilson ring

Is it gold?
 
Upvote 0
Re: woodrow wilson ring

Shoot these guys an email.. They are really nice and it's a great museum if you ever roll through Staunton, VA. They have a museum chock full of items like this, and may have an example. Let us know what they say!



Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library and Museum
info@woodrowwilson.org
 
Upvote 0
Re: woodrow wilson ring

A few more pics from different angles would be nice.
 
Upvote 0
Re: woodrow wilson ring

texastee2007 said:
Ok I could be way off base but here is Teddy Roosevelt and the Prince of Prussia. Any chances?
You cant find a "Woodrow Wilson ring" if its Teddy Roosevelt lol. Did Woodrow have eyeglasses in 1917?
 
Upvote 0
Re: woodrow wilson ring

Yeah, if it's not Wilson, that's a whole other deal and it could just be some random Prussia fighter...
 
Upvote 0
Re: woodrow wilson ring

Bramblefind said:
Maybe it reads "War Against Prussian Autocracy" like this ring does - found by DaChief:
I agree if it says Prussian then there must be more to the phrase like Autocracy or Militarism.
The phrase "War Against Prussian" doesnt make sense.
 
Upvote 0
Re: woodrow wilson ring

I don't know about the Prussia/Prussian part, but I do know that Woodrow Wilson served two terms as the 27th and 28th president, and was inaugurated the second time on ...

March 5, 1917

Maybe it's an inaugural souvenir ring

His total time served during the two terms was 1913 thru 1921
 

Attachments

  • Woodrow Wilson 1917 felt  pennant.webp
    Woodrow Wilson 1917 felt pennant.webp
    21 KB · Views: 373
Upvote 0
Re: woodrow wilson ring

Just for the record, Wilson did wear glasses. They were the clip-on type without ear pieces and called "C-bridge Pince-nez" (whatever that means). :icon_scratch: Teddy Roosevelt wore the same type. I guess they were all the rage back in the day.

SBB
 

Attachments

  • Woodrow Wilson with small - non ear piece glasses (450x700).webp
    Woodrow Wilson with small - non ear piece glasses (450x700).webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 658
Upvote 0
Re: woodrow wilson ring

Im sure it is wilson. The date is definitely 1917 under the face and it does say ( war against prussian autocp). the metal is thin and not bronze or gold. There was a girls camp in the early 1900s and they would come up from chicago. Most finds in that one location were from the early 1900. Thanx so much for the help all. Hope these other pics go through and help.
 

Attachments

  • 1_2011-07-289516-02-5395429.webp
    1_2011-07-289516-02-5395429.webp
    196.8 KB · Views: 362
  • 2011-07-289516-03-2295800.webp
    2011-07-289516-03-2295800.webp
    88.1 KB · Views: 414
Upvote 0
Re: woodrow wilson ring

fisherfan said:
Im sure it is wilson. The date is definitely 1917 under the face and it does say ( war against prussian autocp).
It appears to be a rare ring and there is no mention of it on the net other than the ring that Dachief found and Bramblefind posted. I am thinking it must say AUTOCRACY with the last few letters worn off because I cant find any other word to fit like AUTOCP.

fisherfan said:
the metal is thin and not bronze or gold.
Could it be silver? The pictures make it look like a brass toy ring.
 
Upvote 0
Re: woodrow wilson ring

You guys have been great. I found this ring 8 years ago and have had no luck. I've sent emails to wilson collectors and I have gone to jeweler and endless antique shops. The ring seems like a novelty ring because of its style and thin metal. Looks like it may be silver with a bronze tint. I know, sounds goffy but that's what it looks like. I found in a lake and has no rust and came out clean. Once again, thank you so much for all help. If I can help in any way with anything let me know. P.S. if anyone wants to come to hollywood alabama in another month or so, I have two acres on tenn river im going to look for indian relics. But its all hand dig no machines. Pottery found on neighbors land.
 
Upvote 0
Well I had no luck with the woodrow wilson link you posted ipsilateral. They were real nice about helping. They informed me they have never seen and they do not have anything like it in there archives. They say my next step would be to have the ring appraised to find a value. Thank you ipsilateral for info. If anyone could point me in a direction for an appraisal I would greatly appreciate it. Thanx again all.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom