What's new

WOOHOO!! 1876 Seated Liberty Half Dollar!!

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2006
Messages
2,429
Reaction score
697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
HOLY COW!!! I just got home from a little road trip by myself!

I got permission to detect around a old house in Philomath Oregon ~ a very short window of time to be able to detect there, so I had to take half a day off of work so I did miss my chance! Well . . . . . I didn't find much there at that old house ~ too much fill dirt ~ I dug a 1980 Memorial cent at about six inched deep! DANG!! If there's anything old it's too deep for me to find!

So I drove into Corvallis Oregon to hit some places that produced some goodies in the past. I detected all day ~ up until about 7:30pm and at that point I hadn't found much ~ a couple wheat cents and a silver ring, and plenty of clad (like usual!) ~ my last target of the day was a nice deepy ~ at about seven inches deep, I dug a 1876 SEATED HALF!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!! And, I didn't scratch it either!

This is only the second seated coin that I've ever dug in over 15 years of detecting! This is my first pre-1900 silver coin that I've dug this year.

I took pictures of the obverse & reverse before & after I cleaned it up. This is my silver coin find #19 for the year.

I can't wait to go back to see what else may be there!

Thanks for looking!
Neil
 

Attachments

  • March25-2009seatedhalfOBVdirty.webp
    March25-2009seatedhalfOBVdirty.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,272
  • March25-2009seatedhalfREVdirty.webp
    March25-2009seatedhalfREVdirty.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,242
  • March25-2009seatedhalfOBVclean.webp
    March25-2009seatedhalfOBVclean.webp
    27 KB · Views: 1,241
  • March25-2009seatedhalfREVclean.webp
    March25-2009seatedhalfREVclean.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,251
Upvote 0
That is a sweeeet seated half Neil!!! Man that was a lot of money to lose back then....
Jerry
 
Fantastic find. What a great way to end the day! I love seeing the big silver. Congrats
 
What a find. You have to be on cloud 9. i only know of one person around here who's found one. Congratulations
 
You can just go right ahead and check that one off your dream list. WOW Nice find... :thumbsup: jgas
 
Wooo Hoo!!! :wav:

Alright, Neil! Very nice coin find! :thumbsup:

Funny, I found my seated half I dug back in '07 after 7 pm also.

Major Congrats. It's a day you won't forget!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
 
Thanks to everyone for the responces to my find here! It was a very exciting find for me ~ I especially enjoy sharing my finds with all my internet treasure friends!

8^)
 
Nice job on the 1876 Seated Liberty Half dollar!!!!! :thumbsup:
 
Awesome find bud!!! :thumbsup:
 
WOOOHOOO!!!!
nice Silver!!!!
 
Very nice, great recovery :thumbsup:
 
Beautiful coin! You must be elated. That is an awesome find!!! :thumbsup:

HH,

Dr. Ace
 
Great job man. My brother Kevin found one of the same year 20 odd years ago and i'll never forget my jealousy and his excitement. :thumbsup:
Chris
 
Fantastic coin neil. You have done it once again. I thought 2 gold coins last year would be enuf. But NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Have a good weekend. Good luck tecten washington.
 
Neil,

So some time has gone by. Have you come down yet? I don't think I would. I'd live off this one coin for weeks.

Hope to see you soon!

Mike
 
Very nice! Nice to know that there is "big stuff" beyond 1900's here on the west coast!! Congrats!
 
I just love a silver lady sitting down, she looks so impressive, Congrat! and more to come. Charlie
 
vwayne1 said:
Fantastic coin neil. You have done it once again. I thought 2 gold coins last year would be enuf. But NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Have a good weekend. Good luck tecten washington.

LOL ~ Thanks Wayne!

You're wrong ~ I dug the gold coins two years ago ~ in 2007 . . . . . . so, yeah, it is NOT enough! LOL
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom