What's new

WOOHOO! scored a gold coin!!!!!!

Slipperyjack47

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2008
Messages
689
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
What a day!!!!!! I had a few chores to do this morning and then had a few minutes to get out with the trusty minelab, and boy what a few minutes! I had been out the evening before and had dug a real interesting ring that is like a minature mosaic, I think its one of the most interesting things I have ever dug. Shortly after that I was hitting an area that I have beat up real hard and was working tight to a tree when I got a very ugly 1904 barber dime, but any silver is good silver :D So this afternoon I decided to hit a spot that had produced alot of older coins for me and work real tight to all the trees there. after about 15 minutes of nothing I got a signal that was cross between a twist off top off a 40 ouncer and an indian head penny. Since I had'nt done alot of digging I decided to give it a shot. I cut my plug and flipped the top over and instantly saw the gold in the hole, my first thought was "its a gold colored twist off top :( I reached in a as I grabbed the object the soil falls off the coin and I see a liberty head and then the hands start shaking! I let out a Yehhhaaaaaa! so loud a young couple that was taking a walk in the park came running thinking I had hurt myself lol. After explaining what had happened and showing off my prize I grabbed the minelab and off to the house I run! This is by far the best coin I have ever dug and I am sure the pics do it no justice as everyone including myself that has seen it agrees that it is flawless and looks as if it just came from the mint. It ends up its a 1899 five dollar gold piece with S mint mark! In this condition I know its gotta be a real winner! I told everyone that this was the year I would find the gold coin and I guess now I finally did it, man I am on cloud nine

HH
Slipperyjack47
 

Attachments

  • mosaic ring.webp
    mosaic ring.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 6,029
  • barber 1.webp
    barber 1.webp
    36.8 KB · Views: 5,968
  • barber obverse.webp
    barber obverse.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 5,946
  • gold coin 1.webp
    gold coin 1.webp
    55.8 KB · Views: 5,972
  • gold coin obverse.webp
    gold coin obverse.webp
    55.2 KB · Views: 5,996
Upvote 0
Awesome!! Thanks for sharing and I just voted "BANNER" !!!!!!!
 
Very nice indeed ! No problem getting on the BANNER with that find . Argentium.
 
Excellent find. WTG Jack. HH.

Ed
 
Hot Dang thats beautiful. :hello2: :headbang: :notworthy: Man I am happy for ya.. Great going.. :thumbsup:
 
Banner!!

Very VERY nice find!! I do have a question though. How in the world did you leave IMMEDIATELY after digging a gold coin? I'd still be there! ;D After others saw what you dug, the word will get out quickly! I would expect several detectorists will be hitting that park in the very near future.
 
W :o W!! Are you still doing the happy dance? CONGRATS!!

HappyDance3k.gif​
 

Attachments

  • HappyDance3k.gif
    HappyDance3k.gif
    39.9 KB · Views: 6,397
Grrrrrrrrrrrr, I had to work today and it's my Birthday!!!! that little gold coin would be a great B day present!!!!! I had to give it a shot!!!! Great Banner find!!!! HH chug
 
Great find !!!! Anytime a gold coin pops out of the ground..ya gotta be on cloud 9 !!!

PCGS has this at $395.......and that's on the low end of the price list !!!

Any gold coin find like this totally deserves Banner !!!

Vote Banner !!!!


Rockyredbaron

HH to all
 
AWESOME gold coin :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF
 
Amazing... and the photos are great. I really appreciate the old map backgrounds you use. Congrats! Banner vote.
 
That is awesome. I have never gotten a gold coin but I have seen a couple come out of the ground. It is a great experience to see one right out of the ground.
 
congratulations ..what a ripper...i can tell your excited and so you should be...wammo....
 
That sure is a beauty :icon_thumleft: great find Banner!! all the way Dd60
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom