What's new

WOOHOO! scored a gold coin!!!!!!

Slipperyjack47

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2008
Messages
689
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
What a day!!!!!! I had a few chores to do this morning and then had a few minutes to get out with the trusty minelab, and boy what a few minutes! I had been out the evening before and had dug a real interesting ring that is like a minature mosaic, I think its one of the most interesting things I have ever dug. Shortly after that I was hitting an area that I have beat up real hard and was working tight to a tree when I got a very ugly 1904 barber dime, but any silver is good silver :D So this afternoon I decided to hit a spot that had produced alot of older coins for me and work real tight to all the trees there. after about 15 minutes of nothing I got a signal that was cross between a twist off top off a 40 ouncer and an indian head penny. Since I had'nt done alot of digging I decided to give it a shot. I cut my plug and flipped the top over and instantly saw the gold in the hole, my first thought was "its a gold colored twist off top :( I reached in a as I grabbed the object the soil falls off the coin and I see a liberty head and then the hands start shaking! I let out a Yehhhaaaaaa! so loud a young couple that was taking a walk in the park came running thinking I had hurt myself lol. After explaining what had happened and showing off my prize I grabbed the minelab and off to the house I run! This is by far the best coin I have ever dug and I am sure the pics do it no justice as everyone including myself that has seen it agrees that it is flawless and looks as if it just came from the mint. It ends up its a 1899 five dollar gold piece with S mint mark! In this condition I know its gotta be a real winner! I told everyone that this was the year I would find the gold coin and I guess now I finally did it, man I am on cloud nine

HH
Slipperyjack47
 

Attachments

  • mosaic ring.webp
    mosaic ring.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 6,029
  • barber 1.webp
    barber 1.webp
    36.8 KB · Views: 5,968
  • barber obverse.webp
    barber obverse.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 5,946
  • gold coin 1.webp
    gold coin 1.webp
    55.8 KB · Views: 5,972
  • gold coin obverse.webp
    gold coin obverse.webp
    55.2 KB · Views: 5,996
Upvote 0
wow! no i mean WOW!!! that is a speechless find. congrats. banner!! willy
 
Amazing! You got my vote. :icon_thumright:
 
Re: WOOHOO! scored a gold coin!!!!!!

:icon_thumright: man congrats isnt enough. I think every treasure hunter out there dreams of one day finding gold in one way or the other. Good luck in trying to top that. ;D
 
thats a great looking pc of gold-banner all the way :thumbsup:
 
WOW! That coin looks beautiful!
 
What an amazing find. By the way, some of the miniature mosaic rings are worth a few pennies...do a search on it!

WTG on the banner....again:)
 
Livin the dream ..... ;D ;D ;D Grads BIG TIME dude !! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 
Spectacular! Congratulations on a great find!
 
VERY kool find! Have found several gold rings but never a coin... YET...... someday, somehow, I WILL find a gold coin..... congrats my friend! You are indeed in a rare club!
 
Congratulations on that coin! Looks good up there!
 
Congrats on the gold coin, great banner find in mint shape for surewow.gif
 

Attachments

  • wow.gif
    wow.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 5,253
A beauty Too! :notworthy: Hogge
 
Go Jack go, see Jack run, Jacks got gold on the banner, congrats. :smileinbox:
 
WOW!! big congrats on that Banner find :thumbsup:

I hate to bring this up but. . . did you re-check that hole? :D :D
 
:hello:Shes a Beauty!Congrats to you
vermonster
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom