CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Still searching for the right one
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0
Work the downstream side first then any where you keep finding gold. If you were on bedrock check all the cracks around the rock. Stay there as long as you find gold. You should start to realize the nature of the gold and where it is located around this rock .Then find more rocks upstream & down you will eventually be able to see where it is better or worse. 50 pieces is good in anybodies book. Sounds like a good sluicing area.

50 pieces is a goodly amount. You did good. If you are able to get directly underneath, you can probably turn the rock. Move it, if you can for more color! Tnx. TTC

I went back to the boulder today, and I got about 20 chunky pieces of gold. I worked the area just as both of you mentioned. I just kept working the area till the gold ran out. It turned out to be a nice spot. Then I went to a boulder above it, down stream from it, and to the right of it and failed miserably. Just when you think you can start the first paragraph in your book, nature knocks you on your butt.

I wish I could sluice this creek but it barely has any water in it. Thank god for the pools of water or I wouldn't be able to process there.

How about some pics? We like pics of color in it!!
If the area is reduced to just pools, do what my brother did. Buy or make a "shrimp gun". That is a suction gun but no motor. Stick the front under a boulder and SWOOP up the sand underneath. If you get color, consider working the rock more. No color, move to another rock. Good luck. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back