What's new

Working Hard on Skunk Street

Terry Soloman

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
21,759
Reaction score
35,453
Golden Thread
1
Location
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The last 27-days have been tough and I need to vent. :BangHead: I have hunted for 59-hours of those 27-days, and dug an average of 26-targets per-hour, or about 1,600 deep kneebends over the last month. All those kneebends produced about 470-clad coins (including 230- Zincolns), about $29.00, four- 19th-century flat buttons, one very toasted Wheatie, and five-pieces of junk jewelry. :dontknow: That means I have dug over 1,000-pieces of iron, canslaw, and pulltabs in the last month, and no gold or silver - Ouch! This is THE worst streak I have had since 2002, when I went 63-days with no gold or silver.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

Thanks all. I feel better now. :headbang:
 

Attachments

  • nbhy 002.webp
    nbhy 002.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 111
  • nbhy 004.webp
    nbhy 004.webp
    56.7 KB · Views: 108
Terry,

Yep we all seem to have streaks like that from time to time....last year I dug 4 gold rings doing parks and other green spaces this year ziltch....I did manage a gold bracelet and pendant but zero on the rings.....I'm going to have to start hitting the richer parts of town next year...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Terry Soloman said:
The last 27-days have been tough and I need to vent. :BangHead: I have hunted for 59-hours of those 27-days, and dug an average of 26-targets per-hour, or about 1,600 deep kneebends over the last month. All those kneebends produced about 470-clad coins (including 230- Zincolns), about $29.00, four- 19th-century flat buttons, one very toasted Wheatie, and five-pieces of junk jewelry. :dontknow: That means I have dug over 1,000-pieces of iron, canslaw, and pulltabs in the last month, and no gold or silver - Ouch! This is THE worst streak I have had since 2002, when I went 63-days with no gold or silver.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

Thanks all. I feel better now. :headbang:



Ain't it a fun hobby!
 
Makes you just want to get out and do it some more.
 
Hey...I live just one block over from you on Junk Street!
 
Is that junk street near junk beach? If it is, then we must be neighbors too, small world!
 
Terry,

Here's my last 30 days of clad before getting shut down....zero gold, silver or relics.....I didn't add it up and there's some $1 + $2 coins in there so I can buy a few beer to cry into in the off season....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill
 

Attachments

  • DSC00054.webp
    DSC00054.webp
    48.6 KB · Views: 110
Its the junk that keeps you coming back. Because you just KNOW that the next target will be worth while.

Hey, isnt that what a compulsive gambler would think?

Now that makes me wonder what is the difference between a detectorist and compulsive gambler. :dontknow:

Good luck out there!!
 
Here's a turn-around.... I found 4 good rings and NO money one day! Up on the beach between Duck and Corolla, NC. Cold, windy, mid forties (winter). Don't really know if I would want to do that again but it was fun that day. Take care, my friend. TTC
 
There are good streaks and then there are some not so good streaks but on the positive side of things you are getting in plenty of deep knee bends and leg/back exercise as well as breathing some possibly fresh air. See, it ain't all bad!!.......63bkpkr
 
Look at the bright side.... Now you have battery money :icon_thumright: :laughing7:
 
Terry, I can emphatize with you. I haven't fpund gold since the bracelet I found last Nov. and only a few silver rings. As soon as the wife gets off work we're heading to Hilton Head and I'll get my last beach hunt in for the year. I'm over due and keeping my fingers crossed.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom