GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 19, 2012 #1 Haha... these guys really had to make do. This is another piece from the island. Completely in context with the other items. Upvote 0
Haha... these guys really had to make do. This is another piece from the island. Completely in context with the other items.
theviking Bronze Member Joined Aug 29, 2009 Messages 1,404 Reaction score 921 Golden Thread 0 Location Blue ridge mts, Virginia Primary Interest: Other Nov 19, 2012 #2 Thats ugly...
NC field hunter Silver Member Joined Jul 29, 2012 Messages 4,253 Reaction score 1,627 Golden Thread 0 Nov 19, 2012 #3 What beauty!
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 19, 2012 Thread Owner #4 I like it.
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 19, 2012 #5 It does have the shape of one.
NC field hunter Silver Member Joined Jul 29, 2012 Messages 4,253 Reaction score 1,627 Golden Thread 0 Nov 19, 2012 #6 Is it coral?
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 19, 2012 Thread Owner #7 No..its a conglomerate stone made of shell and sand common in the area. It is surprisingly sharp.
old digger Gold Member Joined Jan 15, 2012 Messages 7,553 Reaction score 7,437 Golden Thread 0 Location Montana Detector(s) used White's MXT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 19, 2012 #8 You have to make due with what you can use. Uggggllyyyy! but interesting find.
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 19, 2012 Thread Owner #9 Haha
larson1951 Silver Member Joined Apr 8, 2009 Messages 4,974 Reaction score 3,894 Golden Thread 0 Location North Dakota Detector(s) used tesoro Primary Interest: Other Nov 19, 2012 #10 GatorBoy said: Haha Click to expand... you can't be serious?
Age_old Sr. Member Joined Jul 30, 2012 Messages 317 Reaction score 63 Golden Thread 0 Location Clearwater, Florida Detector(s) used Bounty Hunter Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 19, 2012 #12 Sorry, I don't see it.
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 19, 2012 Thread Owner #13 I didn't figure most would see it. But yes I'm completely serious. If you were to look at archaeological reports from South Florida you would see many examples. Not something a collector would necessarily want but yes a tool none the less.
I didn't figure most would see it. But yes I'm completely serious. If you were to look at archaeological reports from South Florida you would see many examples. Not something a collector would necessarily want but yes a tool none the less.
Treasure_Hunter Administrator ⛮ Administrator ⛭ Moderator 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jul 27, 2006 Messages 56,436 Reaction score 72,666 Golden Thread 0 Nov 19, 2012 #14 I personally don't see anything in pictures that shows it is an artifact, but maybe its bad picture.
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 19, 2012 Thread Owner #15 natchitoches said: I don't see any flaking Click to expand... That is not a flakeable lithic. They were ground and they don't hold up well Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
natchitoches said: I don't see any flaking Click to expand... That is not a flakeable lithic. They were ground and they don't hold up well
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 19, 2012 Thread Owner #16 Here is a bunch of documented ugly artifacts from the Miami Circle site.
Treasure_Hunter Administrator ⛮ Administrator ⛭ Moderator 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jul 27, 2006 Messages 56,436 Reaction score 72,666 Golden Thread 0 Nov 19, 2012 #17 Sorry, but picture is of such poor quality I can't see any detail, you can't blow them up...... documented by who?
Sorry, but picture is of such poor quality I can't see any detail, you can't blow them up...... documented by who?
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 19, 2012 Thread Owner #18 I figure I might as well Get real ugly. Scraper spokeshave Sanding stone net weights Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 19, 2012 Thread Owner #19 Documented by the Florida Museum of Natural History/ Miami circle.
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 19, 2012 Thread Owner #20 Tool used for " knapping" shell