✅ SOLVED Wormed bullet?

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• image-2739839458.jpg
    image-2739839458.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 130
  • image-1028889387.jpg
    image-1028889387.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 127
Hello flyinryan2, I do not believe your bullet was damaged by a 'cork screw' bullet puller- no such animal exists. A bullet puller is more of a coarse wood screw mounted to a shaft that is meant to screw INTO (not around) the bullet.

If you were trying to remove a bullet by threading a 'cork screw' tool over the bullet- you would probably damage the rifling in the barrel as you screwed it down and then damage the rifling for sure as you pulled the bullet out.
I have a couple of bullets I have pulled for friends- I'll look for them and post pics of them as well as the puller if you like?
HH yelnif

Upvote 0
The worm puller was used for pullng patches although with the right one I suppose in a pinch you could use it to pull a ball. Minie balls and the williams cleaner should be loose enough that it would be possiable with one of the heavier construction worm pullers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The two forms of bulletworm (bullet puller) tools used on muzzleloader bullets during the civil war were the "screw-worm" form and the "double-helix" form. See photos below. Flyinryan2's bullet was pulled with a double-helix worm.

By the way... a corkscew's form is a single-helix.

Attachments

• gunpart_bulletworm_Double-Helix_1-4th-inch-scale-lines_photobyPoche.jpg
    gunpart_bulletworm_Double-Helix_1-4th-inch-scale-lines_photobyPoche.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 101
  • guntool_bulletworm_screw-type_229kb_Ebay1.jpg
    guntool_bulletworm_screw-type_229kb_Ebay1.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The two forms of bulletworm (bullet puller) tools used on muzzleloader bullets during the civil war were the "screw-worm" form and the "double-helix" form. See photos below. Flyinryan2's bullet was pulled with a double-helix worm.

By the way... a corkscew's form is a single-helix.

Thank you TheCannonballGuy!!!
That makes my first pulled bullet. When ever I find something that looks new it's always a learning tool. Now if I dig a bullet that looks like this I will know.
Thanks again!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back