D dragonsoldier Jr. Member Joined Jan 24, 2015 Messages 43 Reaction score 33 Golden Thread 0 Location central alabama Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 13, 2015 #1 This was found in a very low lying area near a small creek, not in an area I usually look but I will be going back! Attachments 20150210_192653.webp 363.2 KB · Views: 177 Upvote 0
This was found in a very low lying area near a small creek, not in an area I usually look but I will be going back!
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 14, 2015 #2 Interesting material and it does look like creek rock. Another Woodland point
D dragonsoldier Jr. Member Joined Jan 24, 2015 Messages 43 Reaction score 33 Golden Thread 0 Location central alabama Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 15, 2015 Thread Owner #3 It is the only one I have made from this material. I thought the serrated edges were super cool.
yakker Bronze Member Joined Jan 20, 2012 Messages 1,666 Reaction score 1,241 Golden Thread 0 Location Down East Detector(s) used spec enhanced eyeballs Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 15, 2015 #4 Yay! The edges are cool. Looks like what I would have called 'coastal chert' over here. Good luck!
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 15, 2015 #5 Nice piece of chert there. Looks either broken or a reworked tip.. I can't tell how old Good luck looking that spot over. Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
Nice piece of chert there. Looks either broken or a reworked tip.. I can't tell how old Good luck looking that spot over.
D dragonsoldier Jr. Member Joined Jan 24, 2015 Messages 43 Reaction score 33 Golden Thread 0 Location central alabama Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 15, 2015 Thread Owner #6 Thanks, I cant wait to go back!