What's new

Would you be pissed??

golden silver

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
2,771
Reaction score
121
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Ok so this past monday was a holiday and anyone who orders boxes knows that tellers get magically forgetfull when there is a holiday and forget to order your boxes. Knowing this, last week, I asked my teller who orders "will there be any problem with my order since next week is a holiday?" She said "no, no problem I will order them." I responded are you sure cause I know after a holiday things get mixed up some times? Should I call on tuesday to remind you?" She says " No that won't be necessary". Well, you guys can guess what happened today. No boxes, they forgot to order. To add insult to injury, the lady who told me they forgot said "you should have called to remind us" Ahhhhhh!!!! I replied I asked if that was necessary and was told no. My other three boxes only produce 1-64, 3-40%ers and 1 gold plated. That is it. Something better than nuthing I suppose. Just wondering what you all would have said.

Golden Silver
 
Upvote 0
Stuff happens. In the grand scheme of things, does it really make a difference if they forgot to order your boxes this week.
 
You are right friend. And I should have forseen this happening anyway. Still was hoping for a little luck this week. Won't end my world though.

Golden Silver
 
midnight run said:
Stuff happens. In the grand scheme of things, does it really make a difference if they forgot to order your boxes this week.

A similar snafu hit me leaving me with any Boxes 2 weeks in row- hope they remembered my 8 Box order for next Tuesday.
 
golden silver said:
Ok so this past monday was a holiday and anyone who orders boxes knows that tellers get magically forgetfull when there is a holiday and forget to order your boxes. Knowing this, last week, I asked my teller who orders "will there be any problem with my order since next week is a holiday?" She said "no, no problem I will order them." I responded are you sure cause I know after a holiday things get mixed up some times? Should I call on tuesday to remind you?" She says " No that won't be necessary". Well, you guys can guess what happened today. No boxes, they forgot to order. To add insult to injury, the lady who told me they forgot said "you should have called to remind us" Ahhhhhh!!!! I replied I asked if that was necessary and was told no. My other three boxes only produce 1-64, 3-40%ers and 1 gold plated. That is it. Something better than nuthing I suppose. Just wondering what you all would have said.

Golden Silver


You had a right to be mad. Not that it would change anything. I would not have vented at the bank personnel, since it would not change things. The problem is that people can often be unreliable in a transaction or situation where they really have nothing to gain per se. If she got a commission for every box you ordered I am sure she would not have forgotten.

If you think the above situation is bad, try collecting money from clients/customers. You will see unreliability and excuses all day long.

Maybe she will double your next load of boxes if you want that, since she dropped the ball here.

Jim
 
Your right Jim, and I did not get angry but inside I was gritting my teeth. They did double my order for next week. I hope the boxes are loaded.

Golden Silver
 
GS,

Upset yes but not pissed. I would be more upset at the opportunity lost than at the teller. It actually happened to me this week too. My normal Tuesday shipment was missed and when I went to pick it up she was apologetic and said she could get it in on Friday. Well when I picked up my shipment today I was told that my Friday order was missed. Oh well, let it go and they will be more likely to help you out in the future.

HH,
65GT350
 
Yea my order was messed up this week. Guess it had to do with the holiday on Monday. Now I have 5 boxes lined up for next week. Going to have to dig into the checking account to pay for all them. I called this morning and the guy at the bank was apologetic, but its not a big deal. Just was hopeing to be unwrapping the little rolls laiden with silver tonight...

BTW, my boxes here take 2 weeks to get from order date to delivery, so I stagger them using two different branches so I dont attract too much attention. Not that ordering halfs doesnt generate attention....had a teller today ask me what a half dollar was, had never seen one...
 
Same thing happened to me today. They were apologetic. I wasn't upset, just disappointed. Life goes on. No big deal. All part of CRHing.
 
They ordered my box, but since it is a "holiday week" they arrive today instead of yesterday.
If they are there today, I'm fine with that....
 
SOP

Monday or Friday holidays ALWAYS interrupt the the normal flow of events from trash pickup to coin orders nationwide.
Accept this fact, don't be disappointed or mad at your tellers and move on.
Never expect anything but a surprise if your coins do happen to be there.
Better luck next time!
 
I know I am in the minority here, but the fact is that GS specifically mentioned the fact that in the past the boxes had not been ordered in the exact same type of holiday week and the teller told him not to worry and everything will be OK. GS went out of his way to make sure his order would be taken care of and was assured it would.

Had he not done that, I would agree with everybody who says no big deal. In the grand scheme of things it is not a big deal at all anyway. But it is kind of sad that after GS goes to the trouble to remind the teller the teller still forgets. Just typical human nature, but still it should not have happened in my opinion.

My teller got my boxes for me this week (yes I am off the wagon again), and I didn't need to remind her about the holiday. But I am lucky in that the teller that orders for me is pretty sharp. She has never missed a week in the entire time I have been ordering from her bank.

Jim
 
Oh well - I expect it whenever a holiday comes up. My order was late yesterday and I couldn't get it until today. Worked out great for me as I took the extra time to hit a few banks and scored some dream rolls. You never know what fate will bring you. When I've been on a skunk streak I'm sometimes relieved that an order will fall through. I see Jim's point about checking in about the holiday and being willing to make that reminder call. That is why I go with multiple sources for my boxes. I've never had a complete weeks order fall through but many times I've had them missed or cut in half due to management orders to limit the coin orders for the week. The tellers are always apologetic about it.

Maine_Jim
 
Most of my bank orders go like clockwork, all but 1 I should say. The alarm on my cell phone goes off at a certain time each week to call that 1 and remind her. Getting mad isn't it, more of a dissappointment. When you have as much competition as I do and an order is missed you just know some other $%&@%& is getting the good one. HH all, Mark
 
I know the arguments of they're banks and got bailouts etc. etc. but the fact is what we do is not part of normal bank business and they are going a little out of their way to be accomodating. If tere is a little disappointment once in a while that's life. Of course I may be a little more tolerant than most since I'm a Cub fan.
 
AGCoinHunter said:
Yea my order was messed up this week. Guess it had to do with the holiday on Monday. Now I have 5 boxes lined up for next week. Going to have to dig into the checking account to pay for all them. I called this morning and the guy at the bank was apologetic, but its not a big deal. Just was hopeing to be unwrapping the little rolls laiden with silver tonight...

BTW, my boxes here take 2 weeks to get from order date to delivery, so I stagger them using two different branches so I dont attract too much attention. Not that ordering halfs doesnt generate attention....had a teller today ask me what a half dollar was, had never seen one...

So I got lucky today. Went by a BOA and they had $1300 in fed rolls and $18 in customer rolls. Got them all. Makes up for my order getting messed up. Also ran into a CU that has a coin machine and the branch manger said she would sell me the bags when they fill up. Gave her my name and number and am hoping that goes through. She even mentioned she has some a home she wants to get rid of. Told her I would take them all. :headbang:
 
$1318 - :icon_thumright:
Wow, My best was $890 at a bank that was just "sitting on them".
 
My Wednesday pick up was not orderd as well, but the bank called and told me before I left the house. Oh well theres always next weeks Skunk boxes.......

By the way this always happens with the banks who order coins on Mondays. Almost guranteed.

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom