Would you go metal hunting tomorrow....?

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unless you are planning to die before it gets warmer

Go....dress warm and walk around awhile then pull a quarter out of your pocket and proclaim a good day and relax the rest.......

I’ll be out, mid 50’s, probably bring a sweater, up to low 70’s by afternoon.

If the ground isn't frozen, I'd be crazy enough to give a quick hunt a try! :tongue3:

I have hunted in the 30’s here in Minnesota quite a few times and assuming you are dressed for the weather it’s pretty comfortable - headphones make darn fine earmuffs. But the ground needs to be thawed or you can’t dig what you find and you need good insulated footwear or your feet will be numb in minutes. Otherwise, try it just to say you did.

If the ground isn't frozen, I'd be crazy enough to give a quick hunt a try! :tongue3:

Not really sure it's crazy when you have sights like yours. You get the goods in under an hour and are thawed out in 90 minutes!:headbang:

Yeah why not if it makes you feeling better and sane.
Sometimes you just have to give it a go.

You will need to bring a pick, not a shovel, and prepare to move the entire dirt clods home in a bucket to thaw them out because anything in them could be seriously damaged if removed from frozen ground. It's about 4 degrees here now, won't be above freezing tomorrow with a 12 mph wind, so NO I'm not going out.

Wednesday, however, now that's possible. Will be a little warmer, up to 32.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back