ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone noticed that ProduceGuy has not been back on this thread since he posted?!? Started the thread just to get people riled up!

Dang and I was gonna show him my seal fur holster I use to carry my gun while detecting foreclosed homes! :laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa! Too much info!
Deepening on where he lives maybe he is digging out!

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might have mailed the keys back attached to a box of Girl Scout cookies...............:laughing7:

Last edited:

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe that mean old lady caught up with him with those set of keys and that's why he aint been heard from again!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might have mailed the keys back attached to a box of Girl Scout cookies...............:laughing7:
Yeah, keys attached to an empty box with a note saying "chew on this"

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol Not really sure what I would do....

First thoughts....

I don't have to be nice to anyone banging on my door. And the first person that thought they were going to teach me a "lesson" on how I acted on my property and at my own door? That might not go well either!

To me...my door and my house is private unless your invited. She did nothing wrong!

Now, on the other side of it, If I was the one returning the keys? I would have probably dropped them on her porch or her mail box.

Your saying you want to teach her a "lesson"....But....Don't get upset when she comes back to to teach you a lesson!!!

Not that I'm an angel either! I've done things like your doing.......lol It's funny to think about.

But I think of someone like my mom, who doesn't feel well most of the time and values the privacy and quiet of her home. She is not happy when someone is at her door she doesn't know! Kids or anyone else.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol Not really sure what I would do....

First thoughts....

I don't have to be nice to anyone banging on my door. And the first person that thought they were going to teach me a "lesson" on how I acted on my property and at my own door? That might not go well either!

To me...my door and my house is private unless your invited. She did nothing wrong!

Now, on the other side of it, If I was the one returning the keys? I would have probably dropped them on her porch or her mail box.

Your saying you want to teach her a "lesson"....But....Don't get upset when she comes back to to teach you a lesson!!!

Not that I'm an angel either! I've done things like your doing.......lol It's funny to think about.

But I think of someone like my mom, who doesn't feel well most of the time and values the privacy and quiet of her home. She is not happy when someone is at her door she doesn't know! Kids or anyone else.
He wasn't trying to sell her something, he was trying to return her keys...she did do something wrong.

Last edited:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I walk my dog everyday in my neighborhood and the other day these girl scouts were out selling cookies while I walking.they stopped in front of a house and had rang the doorbell several times and know one came to the door.I also noticed that in front of the house out in the street was a key chain with several car keys on it.So after the girls didn't get a response ,I went up to the door and knocked.This crazy ass lady came out and said
"I don't want any god damn cookies".I looked at her and said that I'm not selling anything,and when I was about to ask if they were hers,but she slammed the door in my face.So as I was walking down the driveway and out into the street I pushed all the "Panic" buttons on the key chain and walked on down the street.She comes running out of the house and can't get the alarms to stop,she can't find her keys:icon_scratch:.
SO last week while I went to work,I drive past her house( at 3:45 am) I punched all
of the "Panic" buttons and drove off.I did this for 1 week,every morning.
I have noticed that the cars all have not moved all week,so I sent her 1 key and mailed it to her,and told her I wanted her to be nicer and maybe I'll send the others back to her.:hello2:

With all of the Comments I would Say, Everyone Has there Opinion But the Correct Response Is What Ever you Decided!! I Would Have Stood On Her Door Step And Keep Pressing the Buttons On the Alarm Until The Police Came Or She Came out And Said What The Hell Do You Want!! I would Have Said I just though You Might Like you Keys That You Dropped next Time Don't Be So Frigging Rude As I Dropped them And Walked Off !! HH Chug

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My response might Be A lot Passive Aggressive!!!LOL Chug

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He wasn't try to sell her something, he was trying to return her keys...she did do something wrong.

I understand, what your saying......

There is a difference to me though. Her door at her house or out in public are different to me.

I see the frustration of trying to do the right thing and someone being rude. To think your going to get back at her or harass her? For how she acted when her space was kind of invaded? That's where I don't agree. I've been around some of the nicest mean people! lol Some people are just rough and have boundaries.

So, he is basically holding her keys ransom for niceness? That's just as wrong!

Like I said I can relate to some people that act like that, but are the nicest people in a different setting.

I'm rude to people at my door I don't know!

Believe me! It sounds like a fun game he is playing to "teach" someone a lesson! She may be better, or knows someone better at the game! Hows he going to drive past and set off alarms early in the morning with four flat tires or a broken windshield? The game may not stop! lol So, who's going to be wrong, for coming back at him after harassment or holding keys hostage?

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I think setting off the alarms .. waiting for her to come out and then going guess these lost keys I found on the sidewalk are yours --huh?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand, what your saying......

There is a difference to me though. Her door at her house or out in public are different to me.

I see the frustration of trying to do the right thing and someone being rude. To think your going to get back at her or harass her? For how she acted when her space was kind of invaded? That's where I don't agree. I've been around some of the nicest mean people! lol Some people are just rough and have boundaries.

So, he is basically holding her keys ransom for niceness? That's just as wrong!

Like I said I can relate to some people that act like that, but are the nicest people in a different setting.

I'm rude to people at my door I don't know!

Believe me! It sounds like a fun game he is playing to "teach" someone a lesson! She may be better, or knows someone better at the game! Hows he going to drive past and set off alarms early in the morning with four flat tires or a broken windshield? The game may not stop! lol So, who's going to be wrong, for coming back at him after harassment or holding keys hostage?
Her space was invaded by a guy trying to return her keys?...really...and you say your rude to people that come to your door and you don't even know what they might be there for...instead of being rude, you might just ask them what they want...they could be trying to return your keys...Im going to let it go because to me you have one strange mindset.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Her space was invaded by a guy trying to return her keys?...really...and you say your rude to people that come to your door and you don't even know what they might be there for...instead of being rude, you might just ask them what they want...they could be trying to return your keys...Im going to let it go because to me you have one strange mindset.

Lol Just ask me again tomorrow! Maybe, it will be different! :laughing7:

Just curious though? I might have a strange mindset, I'll consider that! lol How is driving past and setting off car alarms any better? He knows they are her keys! So, how is saying, because she was rude It's ok to keep something that belongs to her? I guess I'm confused when it comes to that part! So, a rude person loses their items and people are ok with that?

Yes. there is no law against being rude! So, who is to say it's right to keep someones property for rudeness? How ever you look at it, the keys belong to her! He knows they belong to her! How is that right?

And no I'm not rude to everyone that comes to the door. I have been at times though! To me, that is my space! and unless invited, I don't have to be nice to the person at the door! Sometimes I wouldn't question it either, Get up at 4am work all day, get home at 7pm, nothing is going right that week or that month. Just want some private time, sit down to eat( usually when it was something great that she made) or crack a beer and some clown is banging on the door to ask about a car in the drive that doesn't have a for sale sign or do i want siding, roof,lawn mowed, chimney swept,alarm system, magazines, cookies, political donations, surveys, Hi I'm from the alien bigfoot foundation do you want to donate or have I found god! (I never knew he was lost!) Would be an example of a time! :laughing7: I will also say the last neighborhood I lived in, it was not uncommon for people to be banging on the door until 9 at night. So, that's where I learned to be rude. If not, some pushy people will hang out and wanna talk all night! And I like to talk! So, I guess I can't take his side completely without knowing both sides of the story!

We only know one side to this story!!

I guess I have a hard time grasping how he is in the right!

Last edited:

SwtTea

Feb 3, 2015
Central AR
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Eurotek Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At most I mightve pressed the buttons then threw the keys in the yard for her to find on her own...in reality I probably would of just dropped them on her porch and left.
Hopefully she doesn't tell the cops someone is harassing her, find out who you are and sue you for emotional distress and harassment.
Or maybe it would be a good thing if she does...you went way overboard.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poor woman was probably in that mood because of the lost keys. She may be married to an unforgiving fellow who was going to beat on her for losing the car, and house keys, or maybe just late for anger management class. Whatever the case, you could have been a her hero, and missed the chance.

At least you managed to get some members here to show their colors.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmm must be the cabin fever

Untitled2.jpg

Hopefully we reach that light at the end of that tunnel soon

Untitled.jpg