What's new

Would you try?

CaptainRobin

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
579
Reaction score
59
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey y'all...

My local bank vault teller had eight rolls today when I went in for business. There was a lone '64, discolored by a fire as the only keeper.

Howevah..... the rolls have a local telephone number on them. Due to there being a hard to read date silver there I wonder if this customer may have an idea about silver coin, and possesses more. I'm toying with the idea of calling the number, identifying myself, story of got the number from rolls of halves at the bank, tell them I collect, ask if they have more, if so, are they willing to get rid of them, if so, how many/much, etc.

Would you try it?

Robin
 
Upvote 0
i would call. but i would not mention "silver". i would just say that i am a collector and bought some rolls at the bank with this phone number on the roll. i would then ask if they had anymore they would like to get rid of.
 
Be careful, the person that turned in the rolls may get pizzed at the bank for giving out info with their tele# on it. I know that the tellers are supposed to scratch out acct. #'s.
Personally, it would kinda creep me out if someone called and said they obtained my phone # off of a coin roll. Yes, I would have a word with someone at my bank.
 
I would not do that.

For one, if the guy had anymore halves he would have probably cashed them in already. Second, if he gets mad and complains to the bank for not removing his number from the rolls, the tellers could get in trouble and then they would be mad at you for attempting such a stunt. This might affect them holding rolls for you in the future.

Just my 2 cents.

Jim
 
jim4silver said:
I would not do that.

For one, if the guy had anymore halves he would have probably cashed them in already. Second, if he gets mad and complains to the bank for not removing his number from the rolls, the tellers could get in trouble and then they would be mad at you for attempting such a stunt. This might affect them holding rolls for you in the future.

Just my 2 cents.

Jim
I agree with Jim.
HH
Rich
 
silvercop said:
i would call. but i would not mention "silver". i would just say that i am a collector and bought some rolls at the bank with this phone number on the roll. i would then ask if they had anymore they would like to get rid of.
I did that and the fella was a Silver hunter himself.
 
Umm that would be wierd. And If I were the guy I would not entertain any phone call of the sort.

golden silver
 
Not a good idea. The bank tellers would be mad at you doing that.
 
Okay, guys and gals...

The "Nayes" have it. I'll drop that idea.

Robin
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom