WOW Another Amazing Bucket List Find "Peace"

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to the property where I pulled that 2 cent coin yesterday. After about an hour of swinging and digging many more pennies I talked to Tim and said I'll be back another time, I need to let the sod heal. I also believe someone may have hit this site before and then seeded the yard with about 4 rolls of pennies, Tim laughed :laughing7: and I departed.

I tried to cold knock on 2 more properties that I researched last night. When I knocked on both I did not get an answer. :BangHead: So off I went to do some land that the church owns. I am certain this area has been pounded over the decades since one of the first town schools was on this block. I saw two out-of-town MDers hit this place about 2 months ago. One was swinging his new CTX3030 and his buddy was swinging an Explorer. I sure did dig a lot of trash and finally dug a coin back in the field. :thumbsup: It was a 1961 memorial penny. Since I pulled a coin after about an hour of swinging I began to meander towards the van, thinking of where I would go next. I began to detect around an old pine tree. All of a sudden I got a screamer. :headbang: I dug down about 7 inches and pulled another bucket list coin. The 1923 Peace Dollar must have been in a fire. On the reverse you will see some bumps. Pulling that coin made my heart race and I needed to get home to get a date off of it. I drove back to Tim's to show him and was hoping it would have turned out to be a 1921P or 1928P. Hell he was just as stoked as I was. Oh well you can't win them all. :dontknow:

When I left the house this morning I was hoping to pull another silver, maybe I would pull a SLQ or perhaps a Walker (both on my bucket list). I sure am happy with the Peace Dollar. She is still beautiful to me even with the fire damage. It's my first silver dollar.

1923 Peace Dollar Before Pics

20151213_135103.jpg20151213_135038.jpg

1923 Peace Dollar After Pics

20151213_155203.jpg20151213_155148.jpg

All Today's Finds

20151213_140835.jpg

As always, hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

The 2015 season has been awesome!!!! :hello2:

Upvote 59
WOW! Awesome coin! Nice hunt with HW's, I always did like that Bhugatti!

That bucket is getting fuller everyday!

You may have to set your goals a tad bit higher, you're going to burn through your current list before too long!

That's when it gets really special! Getting a "first"!

Congratulations !

WOW Very Nice Find ! I bet it almost Knocked ya over on Size alone :laughing7:

WooHoo Loco! What a score. Congrats on a Peace Dollar. It is a looker. Sub 8-)

Congrats on that peace dollar,and you are the mem penny digging champion of the world.I enjoy finding toy cars too.

I said this morning " Hope you can scratch another off the list " and you sure did. Congratulations!![emoji109]

HH, Relic Nut

Wow! Nice job Loco D! Persistence gets rewarded :treasurechest::thumbsup:

Killer Peace dollar Loco! I can't imagine how hard my jaw would hit the ground when I flipped one of them in the plug.

Fire or no fire man, that's a beautiful looking silver dollar Loco! :occasion14:

I'd like to say that I like your Hot Wheels collection better than the dollar... but then I'd be lying! :laughing7:

Dave

Never found a silver dollar. Gotta be a rush to dig one of those. Congrats! :notworthy:

Loco - You are rocking December! Superb find and one hell of a roll. Great job...Brad

Nice silver find ! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back