Wow is this Forum Dead. Did everyone from the Michiana area jump ship?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still here from central IN though, my computer has problems and to install windows again I need a new DVD drive so I'm using my wifes laptop now. I don't have my camera software on here so I haven't been posting picks on my finds, lots of silver so far none real old 1917 merc is oldest silver so far though I did get a couple more large cents about a month ago one 1845 the other is to crusty to tell the front was up against a tree root so still working on that one but not much hope for it. The house I got those large cents at was a friend of my wife from work I gave her the 1845 large cent and a fat 10K gold band, I did get a silver washington quarter and a rosie but only really done the front yard the ground is getting a little dry here so I might wait for more rain to finish that place. Funny thing about the gold band is she tried saying that I brought that with me she couldn't believe I found that in her yard. Hows that new detector working out I know you had a few different ones, but some people will hype it just because they won't admit they paid that much and it's not really any better than another detector so you can't really believe what you read from alot of people. HH

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still here from central IN though, my computer has problems and to install windows again I need a new DVD drive.

Hows that new detector working out I know you had a few different ones, but some people will hype it just because they won't admit they paid that much and it's not really any better than another detector so you can't really believe what you read from alot of people. HH

Computer problems, I'm all to familiar with that phrase:BangHead:

New machine is going ok, I just started to tinker with the settings a bit.
Adjusting the sounds and notching out the bad stuff I don't want to hit. It is very sensitive to the small stuff that's for sure. Dug a target and chased a BB around for what seemed 15 minutes. It was in the bottom of the hole that must have been around 5" deep. That BB darn near blew my ear drum out and that's no exageration.

The Deus isn't no E-Trac, but it's lighter and faster. I just gotta get it setup right and things should be good.:thumbsup:

Get that PC fixed and post some pics
L8r
DJH

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see michigan guys posting yet ...there always finding silver

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Hiya!!!! I'm still around, well, from time to time. Haven't had a chance to get out and hunt BUT I will be hittin' one of the great lakes soon...and I better not see any of youse guys on MY Great lake....damnit...how many times do I have to say it?

Say it...say it....you've missed me.:tongue3:

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Yeah...they have me workin' it fer sure! And it's another lake erie season so we've been there every weekend getting the boat in, the trailer aired-out and stuff like that. NOW I might have some time to hunt!!!! BUT I have been doing some pickin' here and there...mostly there:)

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kinda like that there is very little competition around michiana more for me ha ha ha

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Um, sonofadigger...is that a challenge? I don't like you boys digging in my area...it's all mine, every park, beach (shoreline), house, farm, field...school yard...all of it is mine, mine, mine8-)

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:
Hiya!!!! I'm still around, well, from time to time. Haven't had a chance to get out and hunt BUT I will be hittin' one of the great lakes soon...and I better not see any of youse guys on MY Great lake....damnit...how many times do I have to say it?

Say it...say it....you've missed me.:tongue3:

Which great lake would that be so I can go get the good out if it lol

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i wish there was some organized hunts around here though

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just did sign me up :thumbsup:

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah...they have me workin' it fer sure! And it's another lake erie season so we've been there every weekend getting the boat in, the trailer aired-out and stuff like that. NOW I might have some time to hunt!!!! BUT I have been doing some pickin' here and there...mostly there:)

Hey Son,

There is competition, you just aren't aware of how many people do detect here in Elkhart County that don't post here. My buddy and I ran into 1 guy down on Main Street when they had it tore up last year, and we occasionally see a guy at on of the Big local parks here in town as well.

Your biggest competition is that Tiara Totin' Pirate Princess "Vibes", so don't invade her space :laughing7:
as I've felt the repercussions first hand

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggin jimmy hoffa said:
Hey Son,

There is competition, you just aren't aware of how many people do detect here in Elkhart County that don't post here. My buddy and I ran into 1 guy down on Main Street when they had it tore up last year, and we occasionally see a guy at on of the Big local parks here in town as well.

Your biggest competition is that Tiara Totin' Pirate Princess "Vibes", so don't invade her space :laughing7:
as I've felt the repercussions first hand

Lol now im scared maybe I should just stay home

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dang hippies

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread