What's new

Wow! On my bucket list.

WIDirtFishing

Sr. Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2010
Messages
325
Reaction score
132
Golden Thread
0
Location
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Reading a book on Archaeology along the Mississippi River. That’s a big axe. IMG_2789.webp
 
Upvote 0
Isn't that a shaft straightener?
 
Definitely an axe looks like a full groove and a monster at that ..... friend of mine has one that’s close to that size it’s unreal I couldn’t imagine swinging that
 
Since we are on the subject of stone "axes"; What were the used for? I can't imagine they would be worth a flip at chopping wood.
 
Since we are on the subject of stone "axes"; What were the used for? I can't imagine they would be worth a flip at chopping wood.

They weren't as good as a chainsaw, but they got the job done. There are a lot of videos on YouTube if people making and using them.

 
Good video, you will not see the people who can make stone tools on survivor or any show like that

I have seen some crazy large axes in collections and in some auctions. Some are authentic and some have not been. I have wondered this use since the person hefting it would have had to be crazy strong. I think most that large were used as a sledge hammer. When splitting wood I use a variety of sledge hammers depending on the need and one I have is very heavy. I pretty much let the weight of the hammer do the work.
 
Check this honker out.

12 inches long nicely beveled both ends, but no groove. I wonder if it was meant to have one. I don’t recall seeing any other double bit axes.

E5BE2A6A-5903-4C92-B7BD-8A2DDDA4DF76.webp57950323-33DA-4FBC-9EBD-12297C106E34.webpT
ABBB451C-0DC6-45BD-A2AC-31CCCA79401D.webp C8618427-E1EB-4C0C-A1D9-1EC2A2745E3C.webp
 
Ancient tools of the NAHULLO, a tribe of NA White Skinned Giants told in the lore of many diverse NA tales.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom