What's new

Wwi black watch cap badge

Lord Verdigris

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
3,935
Reaction score
9,274
Golden Thread
2
Location
East coast Canada
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a decent hunt in a super trashy old foundation area. No old coins today but did score myself a nice complete cap badge. I think it will clean up nice but I only did a soapy water clean for now. Thanks for looking! [emoji2]
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460422895.198242.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460422905.999057.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460422920.883923.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460422944.348362.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460422961.883584.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460422977.770376.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460422998.139017.webp
 
Upvote 22
That is an awesome find! I have lots of WWI I finds, but still waiting on my first cap badge.
 
It is in such great shape! Awesome find :)
 
I think I remember the Black Watch was nicknamed "The Ladies from Hell" ?
 
Even though modern by our standards, I never bore of finding these - that's a good look one as well!
 
Very nice find. Congrats.
 
Good find, undamaged.
I've only managed one so far, and is a favorite for sure. I'm sorry I did find a second on, but is more modern, more common, and been in a fire to boot, not a favorite.

EDIT, just thinking yours also has the attachment pin, as mine does, my thought was not lost by the owner, but probably a grand kid "playing" with it in the yard. IE it wouldn't have fallen off the uniform with it's pin still in place.
 
Last edited:
That Cap Badge is a super find. The Black Watch is a famous regiment.
 
Good find, undamaged.
I've only managed one so far, and is a favorite for sure. I'm sorry I did find a second on, but is more modern, more common, and been in a fire to boot, not a favorite.

EDIT, just thinking yours also has the attachment pin, as mine does, my thought was not lost by the owner, but probably a grand kid "playing" with it in the yard. IE it wouldn't have fallen off the uniform with it's pin still in place.

Most of the area was a unfavourable location for the brand new upgrade. So it was found with my "old faithful"! [emoji2]
 
I think it's possible that it's pre wwi. If it's king Edwards crown then it would have to be from 1901-1910. Any one on here know for sure?
 
I didn't do much more with it but clean it a little more and now I'm going to leave it as is. There is even a tiny bit of what looks like the original black paint on the right side. Here's the final clean...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460495921.597637.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460495931.430973.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom