WWII Item

jones6780

Sep 29, 2018
Middle Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The item below was found in my fathers WWII stash. What is it?

It is copper or maybe bronze, about 1 5/8 in long with an eyelet on the end. Has the number 26 stamped on both sides. The eylet end is round and tapered and the number end has 4 flattened sides and tapered. The number seems to be angled slightly and is identical on both sides.
Now what is it?
Metal2.jpg

Wat was you fathers position in the military. Just a WAG but being tapered, it could be a gauge to check something with different tapers being noted by the numbers on it. Or it could be some type of adjustment wedge.

Upvote 0
He was in a AAA unit, fired the .50 cal machine guns, 4 50s around the 90mm in the center. Being a guage is interesting.

Upvote 0
Not saying it's not a gauge, as I haven't seen them all, but I've never seen one like it and can't find one like it yet. But with the eyelet it reminds me of a Plumb Bob.

I've looked at muzzle gauges, go and no-go gauges, just not seeing anything like it.

Upvote 0
how much does it weigh? If I found it I would be thinking it was a clock weight.

It's definitely not a headspace gauge for a 50 cal, and I've never seen anything like it that was gun related

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back