appleshampoogal

Greenie
Dec 10, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATpro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all! I recently came across a seller that is getting rid of this lot of WWII paraphernalia. I know that the white cloth with the eagle is a swatch from a Luftwaffe sport vest, and the cross medallion is a US marksman's medal, but I can't seem to find any info on any of the others. I only have the one picture right now; I'm going tomorrow to actually look at them but I'd like to now a little more before I make my bid... any info would be greatly appreciated!
nazi stuff.jpg

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The collection appears in fine condition.
Appeal to the " Tokens & Tags" forum for precise answers.
GL
Peace ✌

OP
OP
A

appleshampoogal

Greenie
Dec 10, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATpro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a little confused as to why you couldn't just say that in my previous thread?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't tell from the image what may be in the box.

The "Luftwaffe Sports Vest" was a sleeveless t-shirt issued for exercise work. The emblem looks too large to be off one of the "official" versions (14cm wingspan, or 5-1/2"). With no common item in the image for scale it's hard to tell. Assuming the Marksmanship Medal is of M-1 era that would be 1" wide - making the eagle WAY too large to be off the issue t-shirt.

OP
OP
A

appleshampoogal

Greenie
Dec 10, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATpro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Argentium and Charlie - here are better pics... and thanks for the insight on the eagle, Charlie! It's wingspan is almost 9", if it's not from the official version, what could it be from? As far as the box of what I thought were medals - I have identified them all as "tinnies" and the one marksman badge. However there is one tinnie I can't seem to identify. It's an HJ pin that says "unterbann treffen in wertingen" - "Meet under spell in Wertingen" and has UBIII/B3 at the top, which I have not seen on any other pin. Any idea, fellas?
070.JPG
063.JPG
069.JPG

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would guess it's a souvenir of the 1935 Wertingen Rally at the electoral palace.

Screen%u00252BShot%u00252B2015-03-16%u00252Bat%u00252B19.45.02.png

The Luftwaffe Eagle may be from a scarf, kerchief, lover's quilt piece, not sure. I'm not really a follower of WWII memorabilia.

I see several offered on this site; but none on a shirt . . .

Wittmann Militaria - Sport Shirt Insignia

. . ., which would look so:

19808d1228133604-luftwaffe-sport-shirt-insignia-v.jpg

Which does look like neither 5-1/2" nor 9"; but that might just mean a different era/issue/shirt/ manufacturer, etc.

For comparison - the batton he's holding would be 11-9/16" long.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions