Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I was in an area today that had a lot of trash then my machine read overload, ok no big deal than it was stuck on nickle/ring and wouldn't go off of it no matter if I raised the loop in the air or what. So I shut it off and turned it back on same thing. So while it was on I just took the batteries out and waited a few minutes and turned the machine back on everything seems to be ok for now. So my question is why did it freeze up like that and did i hurt the machine? Thanks

mramsoil

Mar 1, 2009
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i w/ Sunray DX1, D2, 6x9, & Detech 13" coils, BH300, Surfmaster Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an MXT and the only time I get that is when I forget to switch my DX1 pin pointer back to coil.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
in the book for my DFX it talks about that and you already did what they recommend
good luck

OP
OP
texjim

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have no idea, i had it out for a couple of hours yesterday and no problems; other than i dug all junk but that is just how it goes sometimes... hh

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
it's not a bug, just a glitch. but it reboots when you remove the battery

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
my DFX does that, I just reboot and move on, the part that sucks is that if you modified the program you're running, when you reboot, you have to change your settings again

OP
OP
texjim

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i haven't started messing with my settings yet just got the machine a month ago still using the preset options for now.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All microprocessor based electronics can lock up. I would not worry about it unless it happens to much. A microsecond interuption in power like a loose battery contact can cause it. Any loose connection in the system. I would check those and clean them if the look dirty. Finally as a last resort send it in for repair. My EXP II used to lock up too much and give a split screen. Minleab was aware of it. Replaced a board and has been fine since.

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions