XP Deus Beeps on a Foreign Coin

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy Independence Day Everyone!!!

I went to another permission I pounded over the past year and ran the Deus there. Pulled a piece of a crotal bell, part of a watch, a bale seal , 2 wheats (52D & 53) along with 5 other cents and a foreign coin. :thumbsup: I am not to great at pin pointing yet and as I believe the Deus was locked onto a small nail. :dontknow: When I cut the plug and pulled the nail, I hit the hole again with the Carrot and found two pieces of the foreign coin I just cut with my shovel. :BangHead: I hope someone can help me ID the coin and that it's not rare :censored:

I also had a heart stopper moment during the hunt. I pulled a very thin piece that all I could see was it's side and it looked silver. Oh yea Baby I was hoping for another 1/2 Real, but alas it was just the washer in the pic. :sadsmiley:

I then proceeded to another farm permission that has not given up any old coins yet. Today was no exception, only dug 3 cents :icon_scratch: but scored another permission for an old house up in Lorain. :occasion14: They were leaving for a picnnc and told me I could stay, but I decided to do some clad hunting at a school in Olmsted Falls.

Today's Notables
edited with both sides of the foreign coin on the lower left.

20160704_165425.jpg

All FInds (less trash)

20160704_165343.jpg

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Upvote 14

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt LD. To bad about that coin. Like Forest said: "It happens". We've all done it.
I've got the other half of that bell. Found about a year ago. Only one I have. I watched it rain all day so I've been hunting t-net. Thanks for sharing and happy 4th to you and yours.[emoji106]

HH RN

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, there you go...you had a great 4th too!

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt LD. To bad about that coin. Like Forest said: "It happens". We've all done it.
I've got the other half of that bell. Found about a year ago. Only one I have. I watched it rain all day so I've been hunting t-net. Thanks for sharing and happy 4th to you and yours.[emoji106]

HH RN

Thanks RN, I only hope it's not a valuable coin, odds are it's not. Maybe you should get your detector out and see if you can find another beer in the fridge. Hope you and you's the best.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, there you go...you had a great 4th too!

Thanks Dave, everyday is a great day, it's just that some are greater than others. You had a GREAT day detecting buddy. :headbang:

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you got a Chinese coin there. Doubt its worth anything but still a nice addition to the collection. I found one myself last year:occasion14:

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you got a Chinese coin there. Doubt its worth anything but still a nice addition to the collection. I found one myself last year:occasion14:

Thanks toasted, I am hoping someone can ID it for me though so I know what to write on the coin flip after I glue it together and put it in my collection.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some good finds to add to your collection I have stabbed 1 silver coin and one ring its gonna happen. I admire how you get so many permissions I don't know why but Ive never done that yet though I know it would be a great idea. My last 10 hunts just clad sunglasses cell phone boy scout badges I'm going to the Pinkney rec area tomorrow try some beach hunting Great job loco I always like your replies to people so many good people on this site makes it fun to read . Hopefully Ill post that good find tomorrow!!!!!! I did find a coin that was really thick I was hoping it was a rare coin dropped by Paul Revere or something (I always have high hopes) turns out it was a 1983 England pound coin I liked it!!!

PBR

Nov 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Loco. I didnt know you went out and bought a XP Deus. Guess ive been out of the loop.
I thought u were a Fisher guy, but im sure you will like the XP.
Nice hunts. Really liking the Bale Seal and Crotal Bell.
Oh, and ive dug one of those WW2 era Air force bombers buttons you found. Neat button.!
HH

Last edited:

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loco, as somebody mentioned, that looks to be a Chinese coin. Here is a good website that can help you narrow down what date range yours was made. (They don't have the year on them like most coins.) I found one last year that was made in the late 1700's. Wasn't worth anything but still cool to find.

coins of china, the Ch'ing Dynasty

ETA, I'll take a look also and see if I can figure it out.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's some good finds to add to your collection I have stabbed 1 silver coin and one ring its gonna happen. I admire how you get so many permissions I don't know why but Ive never done that yet though I know it would be a great idea. My last 10 hunts just clad sunglasses cell phone boy scout badges I'm going to the Pinkney rec area tomorrow try some beach hunting Great job loco I always like your replies to people so many good people on this site makes it fun to read . Hopefully Ill post that good find tomorrow!!!!!! I did find a coin that was really thick I was hoping it was a rare coin dropped by Paul Revere or something (I always have high hopes) turns out it was a 1983 England pound coin I liked it!!!

Thanks A2, permissions get easier the more you do it. Go ahead, stick your neck out when you see someone outside a property you've drooled over. What's the worse that can happen??? You get a no. No harm no foul, you will be amazed at how many people say yes.

Congrats Loco. I didnt know you went out and bought a XP Deus. Guess ive been out of the loop.
I thought u were a Fisher guy, but im sure you will like the XP.
Nice hunts. Really liking the Bale Seal and Crotal Bell.
Oh, and ive dug one of those WW2 era Air force bombers buttons you found. Neat button.!
HH

Thanks for the button ID PBR, I am still in the Fisher camp. I saw an ad on craigslist, someone wanted a boat and trailer for a lightly used XP Deus. I have had my boat sitting in the driveway for 6 years, that I got for a steel about 8 years ago. So I bartered the boat and accessories for the Deus.

20160701_103023.jpg

We both walked away thinking we got the better end of the deal.

I started the day with the Deus and went back to the F75.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loco, as somebody mentioned, that looks to be a Chinese coin. Here is a good website that can help you narrow down what date range yours was made. (They don't have the year on them like most coins.) I found one last year that was made in the late 1700's. Wasn't worth anything but still cool to find.

ETA, I'll take a look also and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks Blade, :notworthy: it looks like a :CHE (Chekiang mint) and is now my oldest coin. these were made (AD? - 1661) so I guess as a default, I made it into the 1600's club. :occasion14: :headbang:

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. And, yes, we've all done it! Taco-ing coins is my specialty.

aj

jwarner51

Aug 11, 2014
United states of America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks toasted, I am hoping someone can ID it for me though so I know what to write on the coin flip after I glue it together and put it in my collection.

Ill try to look into which dynasty its from. Some close ups would help though. Not worth too much but is probably pretty old.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ill try to look into which dynasty its from. Some close ups would help though. Not worth too much but is probably pretty old.

click on the pic and it gets bigger, then click on it one more time and it get's real big and you can even make it bigger one more time.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I could be wrong, but I think your Chinese coin is from the Emperor SHENG TSU era AD 1662-1722.

Do a search for: "CHE" (Chekiang mint). See if that matches your coin.

Edited: Oops, Dave beat me to it. :)

I think we narrowed it down to the S-1408 & the S-1437, only problem is they look the same.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread