Xp deus comparison to minelab equinox 800, relics vs coins

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really didn’t want to post this because there’s probably much on this topic somewhere on here, first let me say being the price is equal currently on a site. Secondly the one opinion I here is one machine is more for relic hunting than the other, I mean educate myself and others, is this a Ford vs Chevy thing or is there some honest truth due to many years of experiences operating machines, with the settings and frequencies offered on both, also now I’ve been reading users prefer higher frequencies such as 20 or higher, can I ask then why did they add 4 khz to equinox if you already have 5 kHz. Point is is this Cadillac vs Lincoln. Regardless where I’m hunting I want to here some iron because it can mean something good as you no. So what’s the real deal for folks ready to put down a 1000 bucks. Is the difference that significant or is it the users preference and I hate brand loyalty because you can’t get honest opinion. Look folks it’s safe to say both machines are good, regardless if your digging in iron infested Pennsylvania or the grounds and beaches of Florida, we have to come to some unbiased understanding. I’m not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill, but this can confuse potential buyers regardless of the learning curve, thankyou for explaining

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread