What's new

Ya know, this waterhunting is fun.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,683
Reaction score
43,423
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although, I'm afraid it's for the younger crowd now. Younger than me anyway. ;)

Not much found but I gotta admit, even though the water was a bit rough today. I
still kind of enjoyed myself.

2015 (211).webp

I mean, how many times have you found 7 rings in one day? ;)

2015 (212).webp

Also found a mystery tin. I suspect a pill tin but I was still hoping
there might be a coin tucked in there. Not to be. :dontknow:

2015 (213).webp

I think I'm beginning to respect Fishy's eye. He's flipped upside
down so he could read the worn 14kt inside on that top ring.
Blingie seems to be content with the rest of the bling. SO MANY! LOL
Even though they're all junk. :)

Thanks for peeking!
 
Upvote 34
As long as you're enjoying yourself, that's a lot of rings for 1 day, Congrats.
 
I take off and go to Connecticut for a week to find treasure and your down in Maryland Killing IT!! Nice Job! I don't believe I have ever hit that many rings in

one hunt..WoW!!
 
That " tin " looks like the compact holding the SLQ that I lost lol.
 
I take off and go to Connecticut for a week to find treasure and your down in Maryland Killing IT!! Nice Job! I don't believe I have ever hit that many rings in

one hunt..WoW!!

Like I've said, it's a curse. ;) LOL

I sent you a pic, but I guess they don't go that far north. ;)
 
That " tin " looks like the compact holding the SLQ that I lost lol.

It seemed a bit small to be a compact, to me. It came out of the water looking like that, except being tightly closed.
So, if it held a quarter, it would still be there. (And boy was I ever wishing it was full! ;) )
 
Congrats on the wonderful gold ring, the bling rings, and the "chew" tin! Are you going to be checking freshwater swimmin' holes and creeks too? Sub 8-)
 
Congrats on the wonderful gold ring, the bling rings, and the "chew" tin! Are you going to be checking freshwater swimmin' holes and creeks too? Sub 8-)

Yeah, I've already been in just about every water there is, from the ocean to a cave pond. It was all in the past when I was MUCH younger. :)
Still love my parks etc. I'll reserve the water nowadays just for the difference of it.

Thanks!
 
Way to go ! Now throw on some scuba gear and really enjoy yourself! You'll have a 12 ring day!!:occasion14:
 
Looks like a great water hunt to me! Just remember the good times when your beach is sanded in and the only you find are pulltabs and pennies!
 
Okay you talked me into it. I am going to try waterhunting this year. I may be landlocked from an ocean but I have a lot of lakes and rivers.
 
Way to go ! Now throw on some scuba gear and really enjoy yourself! You'll have a 12 ring day!!:occasion14:

I just said that this type was too much for me. So, how do you suppose that full scuba diving will be easier for me? ;)

Thanks!
 
I detect during rainstorms, does that "count?" Sub :laughing7:
 
Wow! Fantastic ring haul and gold in the mix! You did very well! Congrats!

That will definitely keep Blingie busy!
Maybe the water will be calmer on those hot Summer days ahead and your water hunting will be more enjoyable, and less fatiguing. You defiantly haven't lost your touch!
 
Wow! Fantastic ring haul and gold in the mix! You did very well! Congrats!

That will definitely keep Blingie busy!
Maybe the water will be calmer on those hot Summer days ahead and your water hunting will be more enjoyable, and less fatiguing. You defiantly haven't lost your touch!

I may still be able to locate, pinpoint & scoop. But my "touch" is definitely lacking! Still, was a tiring but fun day!

Even though I had to pack in about 40 lbs of equipment for a little over a mile. Then, after hunting, pack it all back out! :sleepy2:

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Nice finds..

WhatIFind, you will get use to it, I'm 66 and I love water hunting, both saltwater and freshwater.... I swing a 15" coil too...
 
Nice finds..

WhatIFind, you will get use to it, I'm 66 and I love water hunting, both saltwater and freshwater.... I swing a 15" coil too...

Thanks T.H. ! I used to do this many, many years ago. Sometimes I think I can do it just like I used to, I can't. :dontknow:

I know what you mean about the 15 inch coil too. I used to use the large coil on the groundhog way back then!

I just have to realize I'm no kid anymore and gotta stop trying to do it like I am. Once I realize that, I think I'll get better. Most
of my problems now are due to the water being so rough and my equipment still in design phase. I won't turn loose of it completely, but it
won't be my main hunting. I just hate what the water does to my precious old silver coins. ;)
 
Congrats on your massive ring tally and fun water hunt. I believe my ring record is 4 for one day and I consider that a great day.

I'm really dying to try water hunting this year. I've only toyed around with it so far because I can only submerge up to the box and I don't wanna' push it. One slip and it's all over.

I plan on taking my Radio Shack Land Star clone and make it fully submersible before summer hits and the water warms up. I've seen some pretty good mods online and I can't wait to try it. It shouldn't cost too much either.
If I wind up frying it I won't be out any money "cause I only laid out 25 bucks for that detector. I figure it's the best one to convert.

I also have some spots that should be pretty sweet once I can hunt a little deeper than I'm used to. We have lots'a old swimming holes in my area.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom