What's new

yall tale me..

ink-a-alot

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
348
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
property of the American bell telephone company,patented-feb-24-85--9.89.nov17,nov.1.92.. found on an old home place in east texas..
 

Attachments

  • DCP03126.webp
    DCP03126.webp
    42.7 KB · Views: 741
  • DCP03127.webp
    DCP03127.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 287
An agreement was reached in November of 1879 the Western Union Company gave up all its patents, claims, network and inventory of 56,000 phones (a Western Union phone at right). In return, they would receive 20% of the rentals over the next seventeen years--the life of the Bell patents. With this victory, a new company was chartered; the American Bell Telephone Company.

The company flourished in the 1880s. In 1881, American Bell purchased controlling interest in the Western Electric Company. This is interesting for two reasons. First, Western Electric Company was Elisha Gray's Electrical Supply Company. In fact, it was originally "Gray and Barton." Second, this is the company that supplied phones to Western Union. In 1882, Western Electric became the sole supplier to the Bell Companies.
 
Upvote 0
were you asking what is it? bell off an old telephone.
 
Upvote 0
On the levity side, and since there is no actual question, we could assume that the question is did American Bell Company later expanded into Mexico and changed its name to Taco Bell? And the answer is would be no.
 
Upvote 0
I think the question is "what is it." ...cant you tale? :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
ah way back when I was a wee lad they had bells for phones not on the phone itself but on the wall. This one looks exactly like the one I grew up with..
Nice find
Happy Hunting
 
Upvote 0
I was gonna' tell you a tale about a tail, but I forgot it! :wink: M :tard: nty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom