What's new

Yanny or Laurel

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,863
Reaction score
76,313
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Yanny"



No matter How I try, I do not Hear Laurel
 
Clear as a bell...Laurel
 
on Fox I heard Laurel the Last time they Played it .
it s a Lower tone Voice

But I'd swear They Changed the audio on purpose
 
even though I'm hard of Hearing, I apparently have Young Ears :tongue3:
 
I hear Laurel.... all day on the radio, I couldn’t understand how anyone could hear anything different.
So I played it for my wife, she had no clue about this phenomenon....
Her response was..... “what is a Yanny?”
Now she’s telling me I’m out of my mind.
 
So....this is a great time to bring up Multi Frequency Machines vs Analog machines then..if it applies.. Different Frequency pitch, so how does this relate to metal detecting when disifering signals based on multi frequency machines vs analog single frequency then does it apply here, maybe the human ear is better at distinguishing between single analog singles vs multi frequency selected single target sound offs differently?? Like that of the NOX if I were to use this as an example.. and are certain people hearing something else vs others then?

Here is a Part 1 link to some science maybe around this..waiting for Part 2. I maybe all wrong in mentioning this but maybe this may create some valuable discussion on sound of signals vs the competition.

https://www.minelab.com/anz/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/equinox-technologies-part-1
 
So....this is a great time to bring up Multi Frequency Machines vs Analog machines then..if it applies.. Different Frequency pitch, so how does this relate to metal detecting when disifering signals based on multi frequency machines vs analog single frequency then does it apply here, maybe the human ear is better at distinguishing between single analog singles vs multi frequency selected single target sound offs differently?? Like that of the NOX if I were to use this as an example.. and are certain people hearing something else vs others then?

Here is a Part 1 link to some science maybe around this..waiting for Part 2. I maybe all wrong in mentioning this but maybe this may create some valuable discussion on sound of signals vs the competition.

https://www.minelab.com/anz/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/equinox-technologies-part-1

I do Believe that up to 2 Years ago I had My explorer set Up to were My Hearing
coudn't hear the Tone for Most Small Gold.

it was only 2 Years ago I tried something that worked.

Before that Gold Gave a thump sound instead of a Tone.
& my ears were Trained to Ignore Thumps as the detector Adjusting to Ground Condition changes
 
laurel all day, what idiot thinks up these things?
 
Jeff of PA... Try holding a big funnel up to your ear and listen again. :dontknow: Everyone else hears "Laurel"
 
Im hearing Yanny, guess I'm younger than 25.:headbang:
 
All I heard was " Go to the light"......
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom