What's new

Year totals for silver and gold!..New pictures added 12/8

Danimal

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
165
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
First I'd like to thank all of you who have made this the most enjoyable forum on the Internet. One I have felt comfortable posting on in my first year of detecting. The members here are for the most part intelligent, caring, interesting, honest and most of all enthusiastic about the recovery of lost coins and other items of historical significance. I have learned a lot from some of you, and have received encouragement from most of you. I have had help identifying strange items dug, have shared in the excitement of seeing that silver edge, and have met in person and hunted with some outstanding people. Friendships have been established and plans for more hunting in 2007 have been made!.....I am NOT saying this is the definitive END of my detcting for the year...only Mother Nature can say whether I'll be out more this year, or how much I will be willing to dig through frozen earth this Winter.
I thought it would be cool to post a few pictures of all the silver and gold myself and my son Spencer have recovered since we started digging in February 2006. If it weren't for Spencer buying me that BH Fast Tracker for Christmas last year, I never would be doing this.
To date I have found 137 silver coins, 37 Buffalo Nickles, 3 V nickles, 3 Barber dimes, 4 silver half dollars, an 1879 Morgan dollar, 3 IH pennies, a 1792 Irish Half Penny token, half an 1850 Bank of Upper Canada Penny token, more than a dozen silver religious pendants, over 300 wheat pennies, TONS of bullets of all ages, including over a dozen musketballs, lots of other military stuff dating back to the Civil War era, 5 solid gold rings, 35 silver rings, many earrings...Jeeeze...no matter how hard I try here, I KNOW I will forget some real cool stuff...like the hand-worked bronze pendant that some think may be up to 3500 yrs old.
So,...here's a few pictures of just the silver and gold and just a few cool artifacts that I hold dear!
Thanks to everyone who helped keep me excited about this VERY addictive hobby.
 

Attachments

  • 12-1yeartotals 002.webp
    12-1yeartotals 002.webp
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,303
  • 12-1yeartotals 003.webp
    12-1yeartotals 003.webp
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,288
  • 12-1yeartotals 005.webp
    12-1yeartotals 005.webp
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,289
  • 12-1yeartotals 006.webp
    12-1yeartotals 006.webp
    47.7 KB · Views: 1,280
  • 12-1yeartotals 007.webp
    12-1yeartotals 007.webp
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,262
  • 12-1yeartotals 008.webp
    12-1yeartotals 008.webp
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,255
Upvote 0
Outstanding pile of treasure!

HH

Lonewolfe
 
Awesome totals, will be a tough year to beat! I think you paid for your detector, LOL. HH, Mike
 
Wow, what a great year you had Danimal.
Congrats on all the goodie. Very impressive finds.
Kepp it going next year too. Happy holidays!!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
That is true treasure.... Love the pics.. Thanks for sharing.
 
That is an amazing first year, Danimal......heck, anybody would be proud of that haul! :o :o Great pictures!

I like your new avatar.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom