What's new

YES!! pasture strikes again!! SILVER HAMMERED!!!!!!

jimmy uk

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2010
Messages
416
Reaction score
183
Golden Thread
1
Location
Essex
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this little hammered coin today on the same pasture land i got my last hammered coin 4 days ago so 2 hammered coin in 4 days is great wow!! can any one ID please?
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0627.webp
    DSCF0627.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 289
  • DSCF0635.webp
    DSCF0635.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 257
I think it's an Elizabeth I penny, circa 1560. I'm sure the UK guys will be along to set us straight... :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Great find Jimmy :icon_thumleft:, but I think it's a second issue Lizzy 1 1560-61, the mint mark is a cross crosslet and as far as I can tell it wasn't used for Mary or Philip and Mary. Try Spinks 2558, as soon as SS or Cru see it they will put you right.


hammered
 
Upvote 0
daroofa said:
I think it's an Elizabeth I penny, circa 1560. I'm sure the UK guys will be along to set us straight... :icon_thumleft:
It is indeed a Lizzy penny, unless there are two dots at the back of the head that could have worn off :icon_scratch: that would make it a two pence(half groat) but it looks like a penny :icon_thumleft: as hammered said S2558...Nice little hammered in better than usuall condition :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
thanks people for the help its the second lizzy 1st ive got in good condition :headbang:
 
Upvote 0
You're doing well mate :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom