What's new

yes, there were ancient southpaws

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
Joined
May 29, 2009
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
952
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Found a tool on my last hunt that could only be used by a left handed person. While it doesn't match one I found years ago exactly, they are both good examples of tools only capable of being used by a R or L hand dominant individual.

DSC00566.webp DSC00567.webp left handed

DSC00845.webp and right

DSC00850.webp DSC00565.webp and both are uniface. (.45-70 Gov't) for reference

the R vs the L... a conflict going on since Christ was a corporal.

hope all are enjoying the new year in a way that suits you.
 
Upvote 0
nice examples
 
That's a really cool post.
I once hunted a site where the majority of the tools were left handed.
I like that spoke shave
 
I've found several of these type of rocks ,but never thought they were anything but rocks,thanks for opening my eyes.
 
I've noticed many of the thumb scrapers I have are for a lefty. Nice material on that one.
 
If you know much on flint knapping you can tell on pressure flaking if the person was R or L handed.
 
What rifle are you shooting that 45-70 cartridge in?
 
...that's a very interesting observation bravowhisky...can't leave out our left handed brothers & sisters! Thanks for calling our attention to it...Happy 2014
 
Us leftys are in our right mind you know.... Literally
 
Bosnmate...it is a Marlin mod. 1895. kicks like a mule, but does a job.

Thanks to all for your remarks.

GatorBoy, an entire L handed camp? Wonder about the diversity of their genetics. lol
 
I have to agree with you on the left handed tools. I have found an assortment of tools that were fashioned for the lefty.
 
Gator- Wisea$$;) A whole camp of lefties...or...one decent tool-maker in the camp, churning out stuff for the less-talented?
 
Gator- Wisea$$;) A whole camp of lefties...or...one decent tool-maker in the camp, churning out stuff for the less-talented?

What?..lol.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom