What's new

Yesterdays Best

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out yesterday after that big storm the day before. Found allot but mostly pieces. I picked a few and took a pic of the better ones. I really like the Jasper and clear Quartz.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2949.webp
    100_2949.webp
    156 KB · Views: 128
  • 100_2952.webp
    100_2952.webp
    166.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 100_2956.webp
    100_2956.webp
    137.3 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 0
nice pieces Rock. I love the colors. Is the yellow one a graver? What do you call the one with the line notched in it, the one next to your thumb?
 
great_find.gif
Great finds rock!
 
Rock, I'm curious about the round piece with lines also. Could be plow marks, could not be too. The pic doesn't allow us much to run on. Cool lithic down there.
 
nice pieces Rock. I love the colors. Is the yellow one a graver? What do you call the one with the line notched in it, the one next to your thumb?

The yellow one looks to be a scraper with a graver on it. The round redish one I have been finding that type of stone lately in different shapes. I am not sure on what type it is. It might be Hematite used for paint. Hematite comes in different colors. I found one in a triangular shape last week. I am looking for a drilled one soon I hope. I will post a pic of it just so you know it is the same color as the round one. Now the plow has hit these some but I do believe they were polished at one time.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2928.webp
    100_2928.webp
    140.4 KB · Views: 94
Nice finds Rock,
Glad you got out!! Great assortment of colors.
 
Yeah it amazes me as to how they knew which stone had colors. I am learning the different stone types. The ones unworked. The gray to white ones are blue gray inside, The tan ones are black inside, the quartz are white inside and the yellowish ones are banded inside usually yellow with black likes. And some are pink if the cortex is white but a chalky feel to them. There is some that are brown cortex but red inside. I look at everything even the flakes and debitage. I find it all interesting. Thanks for the comment.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom