LOL I figured it would take you 15 min to reply as much as you post about pottery.
I live in Charlotte but the site is in Bamberg county SC. Coastal plains chert. The site is perfect it overlooks a small river. Every where we dig we find something.
where the rain water goes so the site is high and dry.Dang man, save some for someone elseHere's a picture of the dig.
It is flat area above a small river. To the left is about a 15 foot drop off to a pool of slow running water about 4 feet deep about 20 feet wide. On the left side of the pool is a point that runs about 60 feet into the main river. On the right side of the site is a slope away from the siteView attachment 1374445 where the rain water goes so the site is high and dry.
Topology matters.
..Nice pile of finds,and points. Sweet little getup you got there.4 ft now thats deep for that period isnt it? Looks like fun wish we could dig here but the soil is hard as a rock so I would have to swing a pick ax just to crack the top soil.
If your going down that deep tripods are a must. Saves a lot of time and energy. Good luck, I hope you find many more great artifacts.
How much of the site have you excavated so far?
4 ft now thats deep for that period isnt it? Looks like fun wish we could dig here but the soil is hard as a rock so I would have to swing a pick ax just to crack the top soil.