yesterdays haul

scavenger

Oct 21, 2004
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out yesterday from 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm, detected around an old pond thinking I might upturn some wheaties or something. I had my new buddy with me, we switched off digging and detecting.between the two of us, this is what we got, 54 fishing weights (we also go fishing together so these will be put to work this summer). 2 hooks a .380 ACP casing about 1/2 dozen pennies a quarter and a couple of dimes. my buddy also detected a ring (far bottom where the finger is) I started digging and popped up the crabgrass root and her rsan the detector over it and it sounded off right in the middle so I began trying to tear my way through the roots and I seen something blue so I kept ripping through it and I seen each side of the ring and we started jumping up and down in the pitch black flashlight waving all around :). this one was marked mexican silver. he was happy he had got his first ring. anyways here's the pic to tell the rest of the tale.

Attachments

• scan0012.jpg
    scan0012.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 331
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you know anyone who does ? twice Now I'v givin, at least 25 Lbs of them away to Friends who DO fish.

OP
OP
S

scavenger

Oct 21, 2004
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
scrap yards buy lead, don'tknow how much per pound they give where you live but lead pounds addsup quick. some peoplecast muzzleloading balls with them. I use the weights for fishing and get wheel weights from a local tire shop to cast my lead balls for shotguns and slingshot.

nick1878

Feb 7, 2005
SE Indiana
I melt the lead weights down and cast them as larger weights for my scuba diving weight belt. You can also recycle the metal. I keep a box of scrap, copper, brass, lead etc. Whn they are full I drop the off for some cash

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigginD said:
I really don't know anyone that goes fishing. ?I guess I could save them up and then one day take them to the lake and ask someone that is fishing if they could use them.
? ? ? ? ?That would be a great idea. Someone would appreciate the Jesture .

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
I cast bullets but I got about 200 pounds of lead from the shooting range that still have to melt down. Maybe some day Ill get around to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread