Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday's trip to East Fork...

Well, my son got the day off yesterday so we decided to go play in the water..It's been a few years since we have visited one of his favorite spots on Cattle Creek, just up past the Glendora Mountain Road turn off.. It's Friday right? there shouldn't be many people around.. wrong..The last time we went in at that spot,the Cattle Canyon bridge, we parked right there at the bridge.. not now..There's no parking signs all the way from the end of East Fork Road back down to Glendora Mountain Road.. and the parking lot at the end of East Fork road was packed.. there's a sign at the Cattle Bridge that says no stopping at any time, but there is an out house...go figure...

Well we parked at the Glendora Mountain Road intersection and loaded up our light gear..pans, shovel, trowels, hand dredge sucker tubes, refreshments, etc..just to do some recon and testing.. walked back to the bridge and then had to go another quarter mile before we got past the piles of rubbish and baby diapers.. crap, crap, and more crap... what a gorgeous place to be so disrespected.. and the State is doing absolutely nothing to try to clean it up...

Aside from all that we really did end up having a great day..We walked in about a mile and a half, had lunch and a couple Coronas, reminisced for a while, and then tested on our way back.. actually found better color than I expected, but not enough to justify another trek in with heavier equipment... there's still good parking along nugget alley, but still more trash.. I guess the place needs a good flood once in awhile just to clean it up...Looks like I'll be sticking with my drywasher up of Shoemaker Rd...And I still did not buy a "Wilderness Adventure Pass"..Where does all that money go anyway??? Oh well....

Most important two letter word sentence.. "If it is to be, it is up to me"

Upvote 0

highdesertranger

Sep 23, 2008
so kalifornia
Detector(s) used
gmt, falcon md20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yeah east fork is pretty sad nowadays. I haven't gone in years because of this. highdesertranger

prospect007

Mar 16, 2014
western us
Detector(s) used
minelab 4000,fisher gb2,f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pack it in pack it out. easy concept. city folks, use to trash cans.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Eventually a flood will arrive and flush the canyon filth out to sea, too bad it won't take the degenerate idiots with it.

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread