You Know Youre Getting Old When....

When ya still think cars from the late 80's are still "new" :)

when your 7 yr old daughter says.....you didn't have DS when you were a kid, hey, did you have TVs?

UGH UGH

YES I had a tv, well, black and white only. WHAT!!!! no color LOL

When you could trust the media...

Best,
Scott​

If you learned to drive a "stick" in your Dad's truck in a cornfield.

If you remember when you could go to the Saturday movies, buy popcorn, two cokes and some Ju-Ju fruits with a $5 bill and still have change.

If you remember "Ethyl" gasoline. For the godawful price of forty cents a gallon.

If you rememember crowding around the radio for "The Lone Ranger."

My Best,
Scott​

When the shake of a hand was the only "contract" needed.

Best,
Scott

When you realize that the "Good ole Days" just might be happenin' NOW!

Best,
Scott

Nah, just kidding....LOL!

Last edited:
When you stop wondering who might be your "Rich Uncle" because you realize that YOU are the "rich uncle."
(And I'm so damned poor....)

Sadly,
Scott

Hey, What y'all bid on a 30 year old metal detector? Got a dollar bid, now two, who'll give two? Got one now two where?

Sheesh!

My advice---Don't die!

Last edited:
You know you are getting older when no one is jerking your chain any more. Did I say that? lol Frank

Attachments

• Slow Go-1_edited-1.jpg
    Slow Go-1_edited-1.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 125
.....when the left shoe is always on the right foot.
.....when your own kids start calling you grandpa.

I know I'm getting old when I'm the only one who can remember taking the TV's vacuum tubes to the local hardware store for testing. The store had the testing machine in clear view and was free--as a marketing perk.
Don.....

I know I'm getting old when I'm the only one who can remember taking the TV's vacuum tubes to the local hardware store for testing. The store had the testing machine in clear view and was free--as a marketing perk.
Don.....
tube tester.jpg

Best,
Scott​

You know you are old when you remember fixing all those car radios with just a vibrator,OZ4 tube,and a .01 condenser, or all those old table radios with just a 6AU6 tube. Oh yes, the .01 is now a capacitor.

Attachments

• rose on ice 700 this one.jpg
    rose on ice 700 this one.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 83
When you brush your teeth by holding them in one hand and the brush in the other.....

My Best,
Scott

(Well? That's funny if ya just think about it fer a minute......)

Last edited:
For me....

When you become a kid again by making a kite and flying it.
When you make a butterfly net to chase clouded sulfurs across an open field.
When you find the perfect "skipping" rock to try to best your record. How many skips IS your record?
When the sounds of cicadas buzzing in the treetops and the smell of burning leaves tells of the summer coming to an end.
When you remember what the Holidays REALLY mean.

My Best Wishes,
Scott

How about when a portion of you sleeps in the bathroom. Frank207.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back