You snooze, you lose.

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol yup. Pulled some earrings to consign after lowering the price multiple times and almost immediately got a message from someone who "missed the chance to bid"... on a BIN.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My problem is when I'm watching something, it's usually an auction item and I forget to place a bid at the last minute. I try not to draw attention to something by not bidding on it until the very end.

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I set alarms in my phone but my schedule is variable to put it nicely and if I'm asleep or otherwise occupied I'm SOL. Recently it paid off though for maybe the first time ever, woke up long enough to bid on and win a pair of marked 14k cufflinks for $12 that ended up weighing an insane 22 grams.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I set alarms in my phone but my schedule is variable to put it nicely and if I'm asleep or otherwise occupied I'm SOL. Recently it paid off though for maybe the first time ever, woke up long enough to bid on and win a pair of marked 14k cufflinks for $12 that ended up weighing an insane 22 grams.
22 grams of 14k for $12! Great score! Maybe I should set my phone to alert also on watched items. The only sound I like to hear though is the cha-ching when someone bids or buys something. Darn phone makes enough noises on it's own. lol

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
👏👏👏 congrats on that! I never find the cheap stuff on eBay.
Kaching is my favorite phone sound too!

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got that message 3-4 times in the last month. I want to tell them, if you look at the listing it says sold- stop wasting my time! But I just say yes, sorry, it sold. haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread