Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why not Tesoro has been playing a big game with us for over a year now .......OK now we all know this whole "" no water connector "" issue started a little over a year ago , first they Tesoro told us "well the company we have allways used to get our water connectors has gone out of business an we will be down about a month" Remember this ?.........OK now lets move forward a few excuses an a few months down the road , now we are told ""we have found a new source for our connectors , we will let you know soon how things go with the testing "" (YA RIGHT) .................OK now we are all chomping at the bit . Woo Hoo all of us FAITHFUL CUSTOMERS now can get our machines fixed or buy new ones allright ...Easy there Cowboy don't get to excited ......we wait a couple months an finally hear " oh ya we um ah ya the new connectors didn't work out so we are still looking " :o ??? :o Wait what do you mean still looking ......now Last Dec we are told " things are looking good we found a new supplier an things should be taken care of an production an repairs back to normal by spring ;D"........Yep you guessed it spring came around an we are told "" sorry folks theres been a delay on things (no kidding Tesoro ya think ) gonna be the end of summer before we are back to having this issue fixed"".......NOW here we are July 21 2010 almost the end of summer an now posted on the Tesoro website for both the Tiger Shark an Sand Shark is this ....................*The Sandshark is currently out of production*...........*The Tigershark is currently out of production*....... OK what is going on here Tesoro ?? ???

What ever happened to customer loyalty ? Is that just a dream now? We all have wondered , we all have talked with each other was this just a game with Tesoro?

here's something to think about .. #1 Tesoro cant ( or won't ) get connectors , but the other big names are still good an don't have a problem like this .

#2 why not go to a big name an say hey let us buy your connectors an then just charge us the Tesoro customer an extra $10-$20 per unit just to cover cost , most all of us would go for it , I would have .

#3 why wait till now to end production on Both the Tiger Shark and Sand Shark ? are you no longer going to make a water machine ....I mean if you are wont you still need water proof connectors that you ""say"" you cant get .

#3 or was all this just one long lie to get the marked of these machines cleared out so you could have time to test an work on a new series of water units without telling us so you had time to get everything done for the shopping season that starts fairly soon .......if so shame on you for lying to us . We all are big kids now you coulda told us your plans , hell we would have been happy as can be .

Well I know some will agree with what I've said an I know a few of you will not , I'd even bet there a few who just don't care . But as you can see this is how its all been handed to us folks . How do you feel about it or what do you think , I'm curious .

HH Tank

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
I think that by now they could have produced a waterproof connector for a toaster,let alone one for a metal detector! :D

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
I'm still standing by Tesoro. I know it's frustrating when you want to get out there and hunt and can't because your detector's down for repairs. I've been there and done that, too. Tesoro has always been a Stand Up Company in the past, still makes some of the best detectors on the market today and has what I consider the best warranty of any of the detector manufactures out there. So until proven otherwise I'll continue to stand by them.

HH
Desertfox

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Being a delaer for Tesoro, I am just as much in the dark as the consumer.
I call Bi-weekly just to get updates for you all.
The latest answer a few days ago was,

Quote:

"So Close!" "So Close!"

Un-Quote :dontknow:

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro wants to make the exact same connector so that all of the detectors out there already and the new ones will have the same connector. I paid for a new 10.5 coil for my Tiger Shark about a year ago, so I am personally affected by the connector problem. My opinion is that everyone complaining about the problem should relax. The connector problem will be solved, and production will resume, and we'll all get back to life as usual. BTW, I have had no problems with my Tiger Shark, not even the chattering on saltwater beaches others talk of. I for one will cut Tesoro some slack and wait for the good stuff they make to become available soon. Just my 2 cents, Niffler

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
niffler said:
Tesoro wants to make the exact same connector so that all of the detectors out there already and the new ones will have the same connector. I paid for a new 10.5 coil for my Tiger Shark about a year ago, so I am personally affected by the connector problem. My opinion is that everyone complaining about the problem should relax. The connector problem will be solved, and production will resume, and we'll all get back to life as usual. BTW, I have had no problems with my Tiger Shark, not even the chattering on saltwater beaches others talk of. I for one will cut Tesoro some slack and wait for the good stuff they make to become available soon. Just my 2 cents, Niffler

Customer Loyality is for the customer to stick with a certain brand, not the manufacturer being loyal to it's customers. Tesoro needs to have the excact copy of the orginal connector so they will work with the existing water machines. It would have been cheaper to make the coils hardwired like the White's and Fisher, Minelab. But they give us the option of changing coils. This making the coils hardwired would require a total redesign and manufacture or the control box. Then when a coil goes bad you have to send it in instead of just replacing the coil yourself. So your out of using a Tesoro in the water, that's why you should own more than one detector.

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Sandman,

Well said my friend ,well said! Joe

nudels

Jun 21, 2008
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Vantage AD-14, Tesoro Sand Shark
I've emailed Tesoro several times and have never got a response from them. Simple questions too, one line would answer them. Eventually gave up on that communications path a few years ago now I guess, even though they said on the website to email them. On the phone they have been great, though.

But for the connector issue, it's time to piss or get off the pot on that one. I guess discontinuing the water machines throws a major hint as to which way they went?

kai_gold

Jun 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Use: Gold Bug 2, Gold Bug Pro, F5, Compadre

Previously Used: Etrac, Explorer, G2, Lobo ST, Ace 250, Ace 350, MXT, Goldmaster 4/b, Gold Stinger, GTAx 550, Sovereign, Golden Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not saying this to knock Tesoro, afterall i am interested in picking up one of their machines. However, I think it is important to remember that Lifetime warranty should be thought of as a warranty for the life of the company, NOT the machine. Not saying they are in trouble or anything, but having seen lifetime guarantees go down the toilet with other companies that go bankrupt, I just don't let a lifetime warranty claim be a major deciding factor in any purchase I make.

Reality is that if they no longer make the underwater units, then how long will they be able to fix the old ones or what will they replace them with? A lot of this is speculation though, because we aren't sure if they have stopped production permanently, whether they are coming out with newer models, or whether this is a short term stop production meant to deter new customers until they get their act together. Either way, Tesoro really needs to open up their communication.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread