What's new

You Wont Believe This....

FunWithTreasure

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
783
Reaction score
347
Golden Thread
0
....It happened to me and I dont believe it. I went to the Ghetto today to hit a few banks for halves. The first bank I walked into she said I have one. I say I will take it. She hands me a 40%er. But when she opens her draw I see alittle place in it with other coins. I saw a few Canadians and such. I said whats in there she says to me O thats just junk money. I said can I see. She says sure and dumps it onto the counter for me. What happened next was just crazy. I see The Half And Dime..I scarf them up and say can Ihave some of this stuff..She says sure that is old money that isnt really any good anymore? I am dieing inside. I start looking through the rest and found what I think is a penny with nothing on it.. The half is a CC.. I know alot of people are going to say ya right but I dont care. I still dont fully believe it..I say to her these are neat and she "says you would be suprised what the poorer people around here bring in"...I will definitly go back in the future..She was a very nice young lady.. This is a awsome way to spend $1.11
 

Attachments

  • Front.webp
    Front.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 651
  • Rear.webp
    Rear.webp
    40 KB · Views: 644
Upvote 0
Wow you are super lucky. lol the Ghetto! Figures they don't know no better :thumbsup:
 
wow!!!!! awesome finds :D WTG :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Holy cow!!!!!!!!! That is awesome - congrats big time!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
WTG! :thumbsup: With finds like that I'd make a monthly route, get to know the tellers and bring coffees or some such. Might be a good investment.
 
DANG!!! What a story and What finds! That is the first seated of the year on this forum I think. Definately make friends with those tellers.

-Golden Silver
 
WOW 2 seateds....unbelievable...i would live at that bank and pull all of thier coins :thumbsup:
 
You're right!! I don't believe it!! I need to go to the ghetto in my area, but I'm too afraid of getting capped.

-Codes
 
When I go to the ghetto I get clad. But finds like yours will send me back.
 
:icon_scratch:

I believe you.....congrats!!!! That is one heck of a pickup. A Carson City to boot!!! Very nice job FWT!!!!
 
penny looks like a hollowed out magician's coin - not worth anything. but still very nice finds.
 
WOW, I'm just speachless :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
It is a Great Seated - Carson

Congrats on this great find
 
Coinlover said:
Nice finds! That cent you have is a blank planchet worth $2-$3. :)

actually, I would peg the penny at $1 most as it's been circulated and penny planchets are extremely common.

Now the seated dime is priceless. This should be a banner find as even the metal detectors rarely find one of those.
 
Awesome FwT, wow what a find with 2 SLs that was cool of that teller mucho kudos on a super score , Ed
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom