What's new

Your Favorite Metal Detecting Book(s)

djnelson2292

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2014
Messages
20
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Location
Georgia
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious what you all's favorite books are regarding metal detecting. I'm going to see what you guys like. So far I have "The Urban Treasure Hunter" and "The Red Book, 67th Edition" (not exactly about metal detecting, but very cool). I really enjoy reading and metal detecting so at least when I can't get out there and hit some areas I can read about it :laughing7:.

Thanks!
 
Still have this after twenty years this guy is a legend

.
rtreert.webp
 
You really didn't say if you were talking about methods, or locations so I will mention the best location book SET I have. It covers the USA in 10 volumes. THE UNITED STATES TREASURE ATLAS by: Thomas P. Terry. It covers his life's research that he documented in his ladder years. It shows cache sites and ghost towns. There is a map for each state that has the locations marked. Frank...
111-1 profile.webp
 
I wish I had gotten the entire set , I just have my area.
I have numerous books, by several different authors, like; Karl Von Muller- Th'ers Manual #7, Glenn Carson- any of his books, Garrett- how to booklets, TP Terry, Warren, United States Treasure atlas, America's Hidden Treasures. I like all my books. I need to get more!
 
Anything by KVM, Glen Carson, Clive Clinick, and then a bunch of local history books.
 
I have several metal detecting books.....Detectorist by Robert Sickler, Coinshooting, How and Where to do it. H Glen Carson, and the books by Charles Garrett.. Successful Coin Hunting are some of my favs.
 
My first thought was "these kinds of books exist?" - I guess I should start looking around!
 
Many dealers supply these books at their shops. Another fav is The Poor Mans Treasure Hunter by Frank Carter and Bob Trevillian..
 
My first thought was "these kinds of books exist?" - I guess I should start looking around!

Most dealers carry books on the subject...Another fav is The Poor Mans Treasure Hunter by Frank Carter and Bob Trevillan.
 
Just got "Coin Hunting In Depth" by Dick Stout at Amazon.

I have a number of books on Coin Hunting and this one just became my favourite!

:hello2:
 
I have noticed that a lot of the new material is not new, but merely 'COPY CAT' material that's why I like to get older material that hasn't been 'FILTERED'. Some of my books are old. I was surprised that no one mentioned Thomas Penfield. I have a couple of his books, like Lost Treasure Trails written in 1954. Hay, that was the book that started me off. Frank...
111-1 profile.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom