Your thoughts

Tommietommie

Greenie
May 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi well my vacation in Miami will be over tomorrow. But this morning I got 30 boxes of halves ($15,000) from the chase branch where I got the six boxes that yielded 33 40s and 11 90 s. So since I got 5 times as many boxes will i find 5 times coins. That would be 165 40 s and 55 90 s. I m only going to open 2 boxes today and bring the rest home. Because I found a very nice TD branch yesterday. I went in to dump a $500 into the penny arcade. It came out to be $500.50. The teller went in the back and came out with 5 $100 bills. Then in her right hand she holds up 2 quarters, in her left she holds up a 67 Kennedy. Then she asks me which one do I want. Guess which one I picked. Then she tells me they can't get halves and one of her customers would love to have a box so I said sure. Then she goes I will keep you on mind if I find anymore silver ones. I said thank you very much. Also at the TD before this I found a 1910 v nickel and a 1945 wheat in the reject coin return. My first post is under today's finds if you want to check it out. So guys your thoughts ? image.jpgimage.jpg

Upvote 0
My thought is you shouldn't have named the city you were vacationing in because it draws unnecessary attention to it.

I'm not exactly sure what you're wanting thoughts on, but will try to hit upon the comments you seek:

- That was a nice teller to knowingly give you silver.

- It is nice of you to cash in an unopened (I assume) box for the teller's customer who would appreciate it.

- Good score on the 6 boxes. Hopefully the 30 produce similar ratios.

Thanks for your input, but guess what I'm not in Miami, lol.������

Who cares if you name the city - hunt on!

Hi well my vacation in Miami will be over tomorrow. But this morning I got 30 boxes of halves ($15,000) from the chase branch where I got the six boxes that yielded 33 40s and 11 90 s. So since I got 5 times as many boxes will i find 5 times coins. That would be 165 40 s and 55 90 s. I m only going to open 2 boxes today and bring the rest home. Because I found a very nice TD branch yesterday. I went in to dump a $500 into the penny arcade. It came out to be $500.50. The teller went in the back and came out with 5 $100 bills. Then in her right hand she holds up 2 quarters, in her left she holds up a 67 Kennedy. Then she asks me which one do I want. Guess which one I picked. Then she tells me they can't get halves and one of her customers would love to have a box so I said sure. Then she goes I will keep you on mind if I find anymore silver ones. I said thank you very much. Also at the TD before this I found a 1910 v nickel and a 1945 wheat in the reject coin return. My first post is under today's finds if you want to check it out. So guys your thoughts ? View attachment 1168102View attachment 1168105

We're the quarters silver? If so you should have taken the quarters..you would have gotten more silver.

I have picked up 16 boxes of halves before from one back. My question to you is, how do you get away with walking out of a bank with $15,000 cash? Don't they have to notify the IRS when there is an amount over $10,000?

Just curious is all.

Good luck with those 30!

Tommietommie
There's no logical answer to your question really- you couldve hit the only 6 boxes that had silver in them and all 30 boxes now could be skunks, OR maybe youve hit a silver vein and you score big time- or maybe you hit 1 or 2 silver in each box- which is still good-ya just never know what the next box/boxes will hold u till ya open them
GL

30 boxes of halves at 25-26 lbs per box works out to about 765 lbs. Hope that countertop is made in America. Good luck with your results.

What did you find?

Well the results are finally in and I have time to post them. First I will answer the questions that have been left for me. First, I'm not going swimming in 30 boxes of halves. Seems there was a lot of concern about all that wait on my counter top. Thanks for your concern. Well it was 1 and 1/4 inch granite and not 3/4 inch. It held the weight fine for the 15 minutes the was on it. And those of you looking for ice cream, we will be serving fudge twirl at the end of this, naturally on the counter top. I was able to get $15,000 in halves, only with great difficulty. First I had to call around to find a bank with a large coin vault, seems now all the banks are putting in very small ones. Next you have to assure them that you will pick them up shortly after they get delivered. Seems if they get a surprise audit, and they have it laying around, the branch manager gets fired. Next they want your account number, all sorts of personal information, and your drivers license number. You hand over the cash, they put the boxes on the counter and tell you to hurry up and be on your merry way. Seems there was also some concern about dumping them. Well everything was going along ok, went to a TD branch and the shorted me $11.50. I complained took my name and number and said they would call, when they got their report. A week goes by. They call and say that the machine totals were short and there was nothing they could do for me. So I was pissed. Went to the bank down the block and asked if they had any halves. The teller said she just got 2 rolls. I said I'd take them. She put them on the counter and I smiled. One was an old paper thin wrapper and the other was a newer wrapper. Went back to the car and opened them and there were 40 65-69 s. I thought this only happened to other guys. So, I think I had good luck dumping. Now the totals. 87 40s, 47 in the boxes, 40 in the 2 rolls, 18 90 s, 6 walking, 9 bens, 3 64 kennedys. 2 magicians coins, 1 2 heads, 2 64 kennedys, 1 2 tails. A 1975 100 lira, 1980 balboa, 1920 king George penny, 1986 George Washington comm., 1893 Columbian expo comm. 1970 s proof, 3 1987 d s, 1967 proof ? 1958 proof ? 1976 & 2003 silver. Lastly the most impressive find, the very rare buffalo boy half.

Last edited:
No, he's talking about Buffalo boy that is a member here and marks his coins that way. Nice job on the halves!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back