And What did We Find Today? Same Stuff but Different. Lets Play a Tune!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Back to ye old beach today. Didn't find any big pockets of goodies. However I did find a small one and I dug deep in the muck and kept moving it around to find a few goodies. A couple of mercs, the small sterling heart and the two gold rings were very close to each other. I didn't have to move much at all. One small frustrating thing. I was trying to get the muck off the gold ring and I was swishing it in the water, the red stone flew out of it. Since I couldn't see a thing and I didn't want to wait for the water was clear, I decided to let it go. 11.56 grams of 10K gold. Good for a couple of hundred.

Got my first intact harmonica. I am positive it is toast. The religious pendant on the chain is silver, the chain brass. Another Detroit Police button and two buffalo's. Four wheat's and a King George the 5th and a newer king George penny.

Also here is a picture of today's trash. I took the bucket out of my truck this morning and forgot to put it back. I know the lead weights are not trash but I put them with it when I get out.

It was a good day. Water is getting colder. No idea how many more dives I will be doing. Hopefully another week or two. Then I will wade in lake St. Clair for a while.

I wish the ring with the eagle wasn't worn down as much. I think there used to be writing on it.

Last edited:
Upvote 14
Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your house will start sinking if you drag home any more silver and gold. Please be cautious, friend.

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More awesome finds, congratulations! My curiosity is up and I feel like an idiot for asking because its probably something I just can't figure out in the photo but should be able to, but what is up with the glass bottle and what's inside it?

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another fine day! Congratulations on all of the finds. Going to miss your posts this winter.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
More awesome finds, congratulations! My curiosity is up and I feel like an idiot for asking because its probably something I just can't figure out in the photo but should be able to, but what is up with the glass bottle and what's inside it?

Well what is inside it now is water. It has a metal rod and some material applicator on the end. The bottom says 2 1/2 Fluid Oz. 8-15 (Date?) K7732. Absolutely no clue as to what it was. Maybe a glue for rubber patching? The top appears to be rubber, not a cork. No need to feel like an idiot. I have absolutely no idea either. For all I know it could have been liquid shoe polish.

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok thanks for replying on that. I figured it had been filled with water at some point but wasn't sure and it looked like some kind of round ball with a metal spike or something. I couldn't tell the size of it either. I have an old blow gun and the darts it uses are a round type bead with a steel spike or wire on it and it looked like one of those which had my curiosity up. Thanks again and congrats on those awesome finds and thanks for sharing with us.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another sweet hunt.
Can't get upset for holding on to the gold and letting the stone go. You kept the better part of the ring. Lol
Congratulations

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Another sweet hunt.
Can't get upset for holding on to the gold and letting the stone go. You kept the better part of the ring. Lol
Congratulations

LOL Very true!! However, I could have detected the ring again. That stone is history! Thanks AGW

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my nightmares to find a gold wedding ring with the gobstopper stone (diamond) missing How much dirt would I haul out of there to sift for the diamond of course that will never happen just a thing I think about to bad you can just drag the bottom with a metal net I know I think to much good job!!Thanks for sharing STAY SAFE!!!

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your trash looks familiar... I guess its the rest of your hauls that set you apart :laughing7:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I think I would have hunted for the stone, Scuba. Might have been a ruby. Thanks for sharing what else you found,.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
One of my nightmares to find a gold wedding ring with the gobstopper stone (diamond) missing How much dirt would I haul out of there to sift for the diamond of course that will never happen just a thing I think about to bad you can just drag the bottom with a metal net I know I think to much good job!!Thanks for sharing STAY SAFE!!!

It is only a 10K ring. And it is a man's. A very good chance it was only synthetic or glass anyway. My jeweler said they rarely put real stones in men's rings. If a diamond is smaller than half a karat is isn't worth much anyway. I don't care to find diamonds unless big.

JJ1965

Jul 27, 2016
Blythewood, SC
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I really, really wish I could see your pictures....but I never can. You are one of about three members on here whose pics I can never see.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I really, really wish I could see your pictures....but I never can. You are one of about three members on here whose pics I can never see.

Not at all sure why you can't see them, but yes, they ARE always worth the look!!

SD, how do you add pics to your posts?? Normally I see a thumbnail and, when I mouse over it, I can see the pic info; filename, file size, etc. With your pics (at least in this thread), it simply says to "Click the image to open in full size".

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Not at all sure why you can't see them, but yes, they ARE always worth the look!!

SD, how do you add pics to your posts?? Normally I see a thumbnail and, when I mouse over it, I can see the pic info; filename, file size, etc. With your pics (at least in this thread), it simply says to "Click the image to open in full size".

I upload to photobucket and post the link. Nobody has had any problems on any other site.

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh the days before the pulltab! If a guy had a detector back then, just imagine strolling thru the parks dirt fishing....you would find the occasional can opener but the gold! Wait...no, no... THANK GOODNESS they didn't have metal detectors back then!:hello2:

So you killed it again out there my friend, congrats on the old gold and goodies!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scuba, congrats on another great day in the water...the brass tags with the keys? Are they locker keys? So..Joe swimmer would rent a locker, stuff his valuables in it...then stuff the key in his pocket and frolic in the surf...? Ha...thx again for a great post...ddf

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Scuba, congrats on another great day in the water...the brass tags with the keys? Are they locker keys? So..Joe swimmer would rent a locker, stuff his valuables in it...then stuff the key in his pocket and frolic in the surf...? Ha...thx again for a great post...ddf

Yes locker tags and keys. Most the keys are gone. I have found only a few. I have found over 100 tags I am sure. Numbers over 3000 for M (men) and over 3000 for W (Women). As I stated this was a huge happening beach. With over 6000 people a day potentially from 1909 - 1963, you can see why I am not running out of finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions